Priceline Hotel: Strategy on hotel 05/28-05/31 near morgans hotel?

kirikara
By kirikara,
in

Hi,

my sister is coming to NYC from europe and I am meeting her there. She unfortunately for me booked the Morgans hotel which is out of my price range.

We are coming friday night leavig monday morning.

We are not super picky but dont want to end up in a dump :)

I would love to find a hotel very close by, which would run around $100-$130 a night if possible.

What do you think I could do with priceline and hotwire?

I saw someone got the roosevelt for $126 which seems fine.

Wondering if there is any specific to bid on this,

I will not forget to use the link :)

thanks for any advice

What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept? Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel or is the least expensive hotel at the star rating you choose what you're seeking?

You can't bid specifically on the Roosevelt (or any other hotel for that matter) when using PRICELINE. Since the Roosevelt is in the MTE zone, i'm assuming this, and the ESB zone (where Morgans is located) are both acceptable... are any other zones acceptable?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I was looking to stay around 3-4 stars since I dont get to pick the hotel...

I want to stay pretty close, so mte and esb are pretty much it i guess.

I did check out the grand union hotel which is $149 at full price, and gets decent reviews for what it is.

My sister can get me 10% off so that could OK..

I was hoping to get something a little nicer, but at least I know it really close to the morgan's..

• 2 weeks later...
If you look at the location of the Millenium UN, is this acceptable? (as it would be a potential outcome if bidding 3* or 3.5* in the MTE zone)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hi, I just want to follow up. I looked at the millenium and I was not crazy about it.

I continued bidding on priceline for ESB area only, 4 stars, and kept increasing the price. I was also using $10 cahsback per night from priceline.

I tried $130, $135, $140, $145, $150 (all these + "$10" for each night)

and never got anywhere.

I did not want to risk going 3.5 stars because of the choice and realized that it would probably be best and just bite the bullet.

So I stopped on priceline, looked around

and ended up booking the Distrikt new york, it is about 6 blocks from where i wanted to be , and it was just opened so price was ok for such a nice hotel ($183 a night plus $20 rebate by mail from Hotels.com)

Not really a deal, but there is anot always enough flexibility for a deal :)

Thanks for the help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]