Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip) Westin Casuarina (now 3*)

ssc
By ssc,
in

Venitian is going to be tough to get through priceline unless you try to book within 5 days of your arrivial. From what I have read from other posts, that hotel doesn't release it's rooms to priceline until then. Given that your coming all the way from Europe you might want to go with hotwire. What I would do is book through the EasyClick option that can be found on this site. You can have that as a back up and if you do get the Venitian you can cancel the booking as long as you do it at least 48 hours (see edit comment below) in advance(though double check that policy on the hotel you plan to book).

EDIT by thereuare- edited to reflect EasyClickTravel's 72 hour cancellations policy (5 days for onsite disney properties, 48 hours for 1 nite penalty... see their site for official and complete policy, as cancellation rules are subject to change)

We have actually been seeing some well priced accomodations at the Venetian for the month of April. I haven't looked back at the details of these wins, but i think these may be for mid-week dates, while the dates above are for a weekend stay... and from what i can tell the Venetian has not yet released low rates for these dates yet (if they will at all).

Please convert your bid amounts to US currency... from memory, is that about $180 that you already bid? Let us know and we'll advise further and look for what we believe is currently your best deal for these dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All that we know is that $190 isn't currently enough for a 5* in this zone?

Knowing the Vegas hotel market, i'd think that rates will definately change between now and your stay (likely more than once)... the big question is whether moves will be up or down.

I wouldn't place the chances of one 4* hotel over another. Personally i would book a back-up and continue to monitor rates to see if they begin falling or rising.

While not a 4* property, the Imperial Palace is available for your dates for $109/nite, which isn't too bad given the other rates i'm seeing. Hotel is not a 'resort', but the reviews continue to improve and the location is excellent. At least this reservation ensures you have a place to sleep while you continue to monitor the other services to get a better deal. (next best deal seems to be Bally's at $169/nite... while nicer than the IP, not sure if it's worth $60 more per nite... but that's up to you)

What appears to be the Aladdin seems to be available at $165/nite thru HOTWIRE, but obviously this would be a non-refundable/non-changable reservation (and is better than Bally's at $169/nite, although be aware the hotel will be undergoing renovations and the pool is currenlty closed)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advise (again), think we are going to have the Imperial as back up at $109 per nite and carry on with Priceline 5*, I shall keep you updated. On the back of the comments regarding Aladdin's renovation I decided to email asking if they would be taking place over weekend of 22 Apr - 24 Apr 05 please see response below:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in staying at the Aladdin Hotel. We are not planning any construction until July of this year.

The lowest rates we have available are for our Deluxe Room, 450 square feet. The rates for your requested dates are $259 plus tax per night.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,

Call Center Supervisor

Hope this may be of help to some people,

On a side note this Forum Kicks Ass....keep up the good work, it's most appreciated......

• 4 weeks later...

Finally managed to get the Westin as a 4* (oops sorry for not posting details sooner) for the duration of our stay 4/22 - 4/24 for $140 per nite, total with tax is $298. But with it being downgraded to 3* juts recently we have the option to cancel so we are going to try for a hotel on the strip, hopefully for cheaper than we paid, but still have the WEstin as a back up. Thanks for the advice on getting this deal tho.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]