Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam Hotel

PNC08
By PNC08,
in

Hello

New to the board - and had a question so any help would be appreciated.

I tried to bid on Priceline for a 4* amsterdam (City Center, Musuem Quarter) hotel for 8/27-8/30.

I've gone up to 90 USD and still nothing.

Is it to early to start to worry for an Amsterdam hotel and should I remain patient - and keep my bi dint he areas that have won (69-80 usd).

Thanks,

PC

Hi,

I don't know exactly what's going on, but both the NH City Center and the Movenpick are sold out for the whole weekend. Those two hotels pop up very often for PRICELINE bids. All other hotels have some high rates looking at booking.com, e.g.

I'm sorry I can't help you. Some other cracks here at the board might have some ideas.

Pascal

A small correction. Its the NH Amsterdam Centre not the 3* NH City Centre that shows up as a 4 star winner quite often.

But no mind----the AMS Centre is not available via the NH booking site either. Nor is it available thru booking.com

Nor is the NH Carlton the 3rd 4* you are likely to get thru bidding.

Its not Queensday, the IBC Conference, or gay pride. Usually the 3 "bad" time periods as far as booking.

I think you are in for a tough go

The International Society of Historical Sciences has its conference in Amsterdam from August 22 - 28. It is held just once every 5 years, so I think demand for hotels could be high during this period.

Unfortunately, two of your nights overlap for those dates. Some bidders might bid for 27th and 28th and then make a separate bid for 29th. I have also seen bidders do a mix of Priceline and Hotwire. Then there are people who will keep bidding only on Priceline for their whole stay, happy that they will still get a good rate. It's tough when a beginner is thrown in at the deep end, so I hope it works out well for you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]