Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Sheraton Gateway

belindai
By belindai,
in

I have never used Priceline before but was considering bidding for a one night stay on 22 April for a 4* LAX hotel. I wanted the Sheraton Gateway LAX hotel, after reading reviews it seemed that this was one of the better airport hotels, plus I have stayed there once before. From reading your forums it seems that some people got the Sheraton Gateway LAX for $65, however, someone else suggested starting at $55. I would prefer to get Sheraton Gateway over the other hotels, is there any way of maximising your chances?

Would you recommend bidding 4* Los Angeles (LAX) $55 or $65?

Sorry new to this!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is no way to target a specific property on PRICELINE... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property HOTWIRE may be a better option, as you can often take an educated guess as to the property you may received based upon the amenities shown... but no guarantees, so you still need to hope that you guess correctly.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, Thanks, I would prefer the Sheraton gateway but willing to accept any other 4* LAX hotel. Just not sure if priceline accept non-US/Canadian credit cards? What would be the best priceline strategy to try for Sheraton gateway, on April 22, on sheraton.com cheapest rate is $104 sale ending today. I have seen others in your past forum getting it for $55-70. Thanks for your help.

HOTWIRE

4-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX, $79

This hotel features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

If would be great if you ID the hotels for me.

As I am not sure what bidding strategy to use to try to get Sheraton Gateway for 1 night 22 April, do you have any suggestions? I can't see anybody very recently getting the Sheraton Gateway. I saw a couple of people getting the Renaissance and the Westin. I have heard that the Westin was not that good so was trying to avoid it. Looking at the Hotwire $79 I was thinking it may be the Westin? Would that mean if it is on hotwire it is also likely to be on priceline? Would it be better to wait? I see that the Sheraton 25% rate ends of 30 March and wondering if this price increase will increase the priceline rate as well?

As I am not sure what bidding strategy to use to try to get Sheraton Gateway for 1 night 22 April, do you have any suggestions?

As per above:

There is no way to target a specific property on PRICELINE... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select.

The HOTWIRE property above is a match for the Westin Los Angeles Airport so that would be my best guess for that one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our link to the Sheraton from the support page should you decide to go that route)

Let us know what you decide and/or how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

4-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX

Smoke Free Rooms

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Would this hotwire hotel be a match for the Sheraton Gateway? on April 22 out 23 April $65 75% recommended reviews

This is a match for both Sheraton and Westin. But with the TA rating would my guess be Sheraton.

Please note that the TA rating isn't update in real time on HOTWIRE. So this isn't always 100% accurate.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

This morning the hotwire rate was $65 75% reviews for 4* LAX.

By the time I went back in to make the booking it had changed to $75 80% reviews for 4* LAX

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles

6101 West Century Boulevard,

Los Angeles, CA, 90045

(310) 642-1111

Check-in Thu, Apr 22, 2010

Check-out Fri, Apr 23, 2010

Amenities Smoke Free RoomsAirport ShuttleFitness CenterPool(s)Restaurant(s)Business CenterHigh-speed Internet Access

This is the hotel I wanted so happy with the hotwire rate $75, I thought of bidding on priceline for a lower rate but was worried I would end up with the Westin, so happy with the outcome and thanks for your help!

4-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX $75 80% reviews

Smoke Free Rooms

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]