Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Bellevue-Redmond) Sheraton

darks
By darks,
in

Hi guys,

At the risk of wearing out my welcome, here's another question: are there any hints on how to win the Bellevue Hilton over the Bellevue Sheraton through PRICELINE? I see the Hilton going for $55 or $58, and the Sheraton going for $45-$50. Would a good tactic be to just bid $55 and up for a 3.5*?

Dustin

Would a good tactic be to just bid $55 and up for a 3.5*?

No. There's no way to know how much you need to bid to be accepted at the Hilton for any given date; if you're wrong, you can easily end up at the Sheraton for more than you needed to pay. Generally speaking, Priceline is not a good option if you're trying to target a specific hotel.

Used your PRICELINE link for a little Easter shopping in Seattle, April 2-4, 2010. Was hoping for the Hilton, but got the nearby Sheraton instead. Took my chances on a slightly higher bid ($57), and overpaid I'm sure (looking back at past wins, the Sheraton could probably have been had for as little as $50). Oh well, I knew the risks going in (thanks to the advice of your forum members!), but thought I'd stick my thumb out and go for it!

This is the first place I stop before booking any hotel, you guys are invaluable!!

April 2 - 4, 2010

One and only bid $57

Accepted by Sheraton Bellevue

100 112th Avenue Northeast

Bellevue, Washington 98004

425-455-3330

Dustin

Congratulations on your success.

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the Hilton, but this looks like a very nice deal for the Sheraton. Glad to hear that you have found Betterbidding helpful with planning your travel purchases! :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]