Priceline Hotel: Please Help Whistler 4*

ntcanada
By ntcanada,
in

Looking at Whistler 4* 03/31/10 - 04/05/10 on PRICELINE

Is it possible that a hotel listed as "Resort" on the retail part of the site is a 4* hotel for opaque bookings?

There are no 4* hotels on the retail page (I know sometimes buy it now and auction hotels are not the same) and no option to select Resort for opaque bookings.

Also, in bid entry box median price for 4* hotel matches the price of a 3.5* hotel on the retail page. Adding to the confusion that brand is listed as an example of 4* as well as 3.5* hotels on name your own price page.

PRICELINE hotel list here also doesn't list anything as 4*.

Thanks for the help.

I'm guessing the Resort property you're seeing in the "retail" offerings doesn't participate in the "name your own price" version of PRICELINE.

Generally speaking you should ignore the 'median price' suggested by PRICELINE when going thru the bidding process.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok but if a hotel is listed as 3.5* on the retail part of the site must it always have the same star rating for the name your own price option?

I'd like to make a bid on PRICELINE but have very little idea of what possibilities a 4* selection would include since there are none in the PRICELINE retail list or on the hotel list here for Whistler...

It would be nice to get a good deal on PRICELINE but if the Westin (available on the retail portion there) isn't likely to be included in the name your own price inventory it may be wise to book it outright since the rates are quite low right now, and I don't know what other 4* offerings a winning bid that is lower than PRICELINE'S retail price for the Westin might yield.

Any suggestions?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]