Priceline Hotel: Search Question - 4* Vancouver

lcheni
By lcheni,
in

1. To Search the site, it seems that I have to log in.

2. How to Search "Vancouver 4*" ? I have no problems getting search results of "Vancouver", but with "4*" added, I would then get error page.

Is it possible to do a search of "Vancouver 4*" or equivalent ?

I have been bidding an International City; with its downtown-4*'s 5 free-rebid zones, I have read up the re-bidding permutation techniques presented in this website. e.g. Post #56 in the Thread

==============================================================

Priceline and Hotwire Forum > Tips and Tricks for Priceline and Hotwire > General Priceline Tips

"Bidding Again before 24 hours (Used to be 72 hours), -it can often be done!"

Post #56:

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?sho...st&p=186688

(I could only find this being the latest posting in this web site on this subject;

are there some more updated pieces elsewhere ?)

==============================================================

My question is about the permutations listed here seeming not in a proper order that requests to close the Browser and to Start Up Again no less than 25 times for the 30 (shouldn't be 31?) re-biddings here.

I noted there is a listing somewhere that can work out to only needing to close the browser 15 times (in a different order) for the same 5-zones strategy.

You can use your bonus money along with our link as follows:

1) click the link on the board to get to PRICELINE

2) go the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link on the top right of PRICELINE's home page

3) use the bonus link in your profile/rewards to begin your bidding

Exactly which zone and dates are you searching for? You're seeking a 4* hotel? What is your maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help on the Reward $.

For the Vancouver's bid of July 23-25: As that weekend is in the cruise season, 4* hotels web rates are now quoting at about $260 etc, I know it's early, I am just playing trying to be lucky to to get around at $ 115.

Hotwire currently quotes $129 for a 4* Downtown Vancouver West area Hotel of six amenities (fitness, pool, restaurant, business, wireless, spa); which hotel it maybe?

=============

To the forum administrator:

If possible and not violating any rules etc, can it possible to have my two other questions now Post #2 (Search "Vancouver 4*") and #3 ( 5-rebidding-zones permutation) in this topic to other appropriate forums ( I originally posted them as separate questions at the Question/Suggestion Forum) so that I may get some answers or clarifications.

Keep all posts for this stay for stay in this thread... there is no reason to have other threads for your other questions which pertain to this stay, and combining them helps keep the board better organized.

The HOTWIRE hotel in the Downtown West zone above is a match for the Sheraton Wall Centre so that would be my best guess for this one. How high are you willing to bid at this time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If it is the hotel as suggested, I probably will jump on it soon. I stayed there last June, $200+/night, after my wife strengously objected to PRICELINE arrangement.

BTW, for the downtown Vancouver 4* hotels, PL has reported now a new-lower-than-last-week average price for this July wknd. Now if the trend continues....

Thanks.

PS. for the other 2 questions, I would appreciate you taking a close look of the 5-Rebidding-Zone question; if the "4* Vancouver" search is somehow limited by the system.

As per the error message you're receiving when you search for "4* Vancouver" all search 'words' have to be at least 3 characters... there fore "4*" is below 3 characters and generates an error.

As far as using permutations to bid, with FIVE bonafide re-bid zones, you have 32 opportunities to bid in one cycle, which is more than enough to accomplish whatever maximum bid you choose to use as your maximum. Do you actually intend to make this many bids in a given session? How high are you willing to bid at this time?

Then, what may be the best terms to use in limiting the search of "4* hotels only in Vancouver"?

About the 5-Rebidding zones-permutation, I just want to point out that the strategy/order per (Post #56 of the thread 16) is not the most efficient way handling the situation, calling for far too many unnecessary closing the browser to re-start up again. May be there are other postings/topic since have reflected corrections, but my search of this site did not find any.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]