Priceline Hotel: Advice for 4/3 Near UWS

cclaser
By cclaser,
in

Betting bidding has been a great resource for me in the past. This site is awesome! However, I am clueless when it comes to NYC. Looking for suggestions for a good hotel/bid near the UWS on 4/3. I would like the 4* level. If I am correct, it looks like the Empire is the only hotel in this area and star level. Any suggestions on what to bid for this property? I was thinking $130. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

While the Empire may be the hotel 4* hotel reported to the board in the UWS zone, there could be others which are not yet reported or which have been recently upgraded.

This is an expensive nite in NYC and i'd be surprised if $130 is enough for a 4* hotel.

Let us know your maximum bid for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Assuming the UWS is the only zone you're willing to accept, at the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* UWS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* UWS and re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* UWS and re-bid zone5...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $175 (this will put you over $200 by a few dollars but you can decide if you'd like to place this bid or not)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tank you for the help! Not sure what you mean about the rebid zone being different than Pricelines? I have rebid using different zones that do not offer 4 star to get another chance. Is this what you mean? In any event, I am trying to stay with friends near Columbia University. I thought the UWS would be the best bet, but you may have other suggestions. Also, I have a 2 year old, and thought the safest bet would be a 4 star. That is definitely a consideration.

Thanks!

Tank you for the help! Not sure what you mean about the rebid zone being different than Pricelines?
I meant that...

"re-bid zone1" is not the first zone in PRICELINE's list

"re-bid zone2" is not the second zone in PRICELINE's list

etc, etc

I have rebid using different zones that do not offer 4 star to get another chance. Is this what you mean?
I believe you have it understood, i was only clarifying as sometimes we have mentioned "re-bid zone1" and a new user will simply add the first zone in PRICELINE's list of zones for the region.

UWS is typically not the most convenient for the typical visitor, but since you have reason to stay in this area (ie- newar your friends by Columbia) you're not 'the typical visitor' :) I would think that at the 4* level this area should be fine for your needs in terms of safety and convenience.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]