tips on airfare

steelr07
By steelr07,
in

Hi i am new to the forum and would like help concerning the name your price bids that priceline offers!! I just learned this morning i have to be in RENO,NEVADA on the 31frst of march and set to return on april 3rd.. Lowest price i have found is 428dllrs.. when bidding what is good starting point % wise.. I have always had good expieriences with priceline and would appreciate any advice..Thank you..

Hi i am new to the forum and would like help concerning the name your price bids that priceline offers!! I just learned this morning i have to be in RENO,NEVADA on the 31frst of march and set to return on april 3rd.. Lowest price i have found is 428dllrs.. when bidding what is good starting point % wise.. I have always had good expieriences with priceline and would appreciate any advice..Thank you..

You don't mention your origin city? Pittsburgh by chance (based on your screen name)?

Priceline suggests 40% savings. The problem is you don't have very many bidding days left. Maybe don't be too greedy at this late date and start with a 30% savings?

There are some advanced bidding techniques for getting more bids in a day. HERE is one reference I found via searching "airfare rebidding". If you can sort out the techniques and figure out how to get a couple more bids each day, this will let you work up gradually.

You also don't mention how you found your low airfare? I'm hoping it is a wide-sweep general one like www.kayak.com or ITA Software.

Romelle

See the second post in this Priceline Airfare Bidding which should enable you to make numerous bids all within the same bidding cycle.

Given the current retail rates, what is your maximum bid for this flight?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]