Priceline Hotel: Holiday Inn Express Chelsea - What Priceline Zone?

Metaphor
By Metaphor,
in

Hi - I saw a recent win for the Holiday Inn Express 2.5* for $89 and I'd be happy with that. I'm looking for these dates: April 22 to April 27. What zone should I try? If this doesn't work, what would you suggest for an alternative? 3* in what zones maybe? Thank you for any and all assistance.

Hi,

We got the Millenium for $139 last year in May. It was my first bidding experience. This year I'm heading out solo, and I was hoping to get a similar win to the Holiday Inn Chelsea for $88 listed previously. I'm not sure what zone it is, or how to bid for a similar hotel (zones, prices, etc.) I'll be in NY April 22 to April 27 and I don't want to stay somewhere unsafe or run down at a 2.5* level. Thank you for your help.

I'm assuming that you're referring to this priceline hotel win for the Holiday Inn Express MSG-Chelsea which is in the NYC (Chelsea) zone.

As per the Priceline Hotel List, there are other 2.5* hotels in this zone, and note that the star rating you select is the minimum that you are willing to accept, so PRICELINE could always upgrade your 2.5* bid to a higher rated 3* or more property.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (star rating, zone(s), and maximum bid) and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your patience. I was thinking of the zones as numbers not areas. So after thinking this over a bit, I could stay in any of the following areas CPS, CA, ESB, TS, MSG, MTW and star rating 2.5* and maximum bid $90 plus tax. I'm planning on going to MoMA and a couple of plays but I can get around on the subway with no problem. I know New York is pretty safe, but I've only stayed around Times Square in the past, so if I've picked any dodgy areas for a single gal, please let me know. Thank you very much - I really appreciate your help and this great site.

None of the areas above are 'bad', although you can get a bad hotel in any of the zones... especially at the 2.5* level, which is why we generally recommend sticking with 3* and higher rated properties in NYC. Regardless, i think your budget is going to be more of an issue than any of the zone(s) you've selected.

You can follow the strategy below for a 2.5* property, or if you'd like you can use the following for a 3* hotel, then if that is rejected start over and go thru the cycle again at the 2.5* level.

Select CPS, Chelsea, ESB...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select TS, MSG, MTW...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select TS, Chelsea, ESB...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select CPS, MSG, MTW...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select CPS, MSG, ESB...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select TS, Chelsea, MTW...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select CPS, Chelsea, MTW...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select TS, MSG, ESB...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select CPS, Chelsea, MTW, TS...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select CPS, Chelsea, MTW, MSG...

Select CPS, Chelsea, MTW, ESB...

Select TS, MSG, ESB, CPS...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select TS, MSG, ESB, Chelsea...

Select TS, MSG, ESB, MTW...

Select TS, MSG, ESB, CPS, Chelsea, MTW...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]