Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Marriott Waikiki Beach

oldmoon
By oldmoon,
in

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You need to be willing to stay at any Resort in the zone you're bidding at.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- please also follow-up your previous old Montreal Hotwire thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay (even if you chose to book direct, cancelled your stay, etc)

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $87, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask. $100 all-in is about an $87 bid, but i went one step further to $90 as we have seen a few wins at this price point; but you're free to stop at whatever amount you're comfortable with.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Finally put in my bids in priceline, starting from $75 (resort waikiki beach) $80, $85, $87. Finally got Marriott Waikiki Beach and Spa at $90. The cost for the whole trip (7 nights plus tax) is $730.66. Hopefully it will be a good hotel.

Thanks for all the help.

I stayed at this hotel for a week summer of 2008. I didn't get this price! This hotel is very nice. If you like the busy Waikiki area, you'll enjoy this hotel. Very, very clean, all staff helpful. Everything you need either in the hotel or a few steps away. The Catholic church to the right of the hotel (facing the beach) accepts extra toiletries for the homeless if you do not use them all. (They left way more than I could use.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]