Priceline Hotel: Best time to bid for Hotels, cars etc.

gazgolf1
By gazgolf1,
in

I'm just wondering if anyone has pinned down the best time to bid for accomodation, cars etc with Priceline/Hotwire. We are going to Hawaii in July and hope to score some bargain prices in the next few months.

I have heard that 3-4 weeks out is the go, any opinions?

As this the High Season in Hawaii you might find some deals if you wait for hotels and are not specific about where you stay but as car rentals are limited there now I would book when you see great price.

Aloha gmc :)

I've always said the best time to start looking is when your dates are confirmed. There is no way to know if rates will go up or down closer to your stay - doing this sometimes leads to success, but there have been many instances where those who wait suddenly find that rates have jumped. Waiting is a bet on lower prices, and that definitely does not always happen. It's best to research on a case-by-case basis - there is going to be a realistic floor for prices in most areas, and if the prices are reasonably close to that floor, one can guess that there's more potential upside than downside to prices.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]