Priceline Hotel: 3* Sacramento (Downtown) Governors Inn Hotel

OlgaLA
By OlgaLA,
in

Hi Everyone...catching up on my wins.

bid $52 + taxes= $67

I was so stressed on where I was going to stay for this brief business trip. A hotel without a super shuttle is going to cost you $24 roundtrip or a taxi is going to be $50 roundtrip. This was my first trip to SAC in 17 years so I was not oriented with this city and its hotel local make up.

Originally I was going to stay at a choice hotel since they have a promo of 2 seperate stays gets you a free night but none of the ones with decent reviews withn my budget could give me early check in..which I needed to refresh before my meeting.

So I was pretty sure from our bbidding list I was going to try for *3 downtown which I was certain was going to be the Holiday Express...well I was wrong..let's update our list!

I purchased the hotel at 2am on the 18th..called the hotel for info on how to best get to them! FREE SHUTTLE and FREE WIRELESS...loved it. right off the bat I felt happier...I had a lot of thigs go wrong on my trip (someone took my luggage...which found out after a 3 hour wait...no clothes for my very official meeting/bad check in at LAX) but I can truly say that this Hotel but it was a shining helpful moment. Evelyn who does not usually work the front desk was so polite when I had to reschedule the shuttle...and even upgraded me to a king mini suite/looked up an addeess online for me to buy clothes with a taxi she called for me...Michael the properties shuttle/matinence guy was also really nice/helpful

Notables: The property is doing renovations on the second floor but the odds are if in SAC you are doing business during te day. McDonalds next to property. Lobby and Rooms are strong/upgraded so don't let the bad old hallway carpet dissuade you. The bed was great. PPV movies. My only dissapointment was the small shower only..no tub.

Major note for Area travelers!: This is not truly a downtown property...from Capital Ave..it was a $14 cab ride to this hotel.

Also unlike many cities though close to the airport there really are not airport hotels (like LA) nor are you super fare from the airport (like SF)..Give yourself 10-15 from this property and you are there but not near any airport sounds!

TIP: Dave's Taxi Service 916-879-6000

I used three of their drivers...all were very courteous/prompt...even actually had Dave drive me first

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]