Priceline Hotel: Looking for 3* in New York (4/27-30)

fatboyonadiet
By fatboyonadiet,
in

I don't know if $100 will be enough for a 3* or better Downtown hotel for these nites.

Unfortunately you have no re-bid zones when bidding 3* in NYC, so i'd try as follows, starting with the PRICELINE link on this board:

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $90.

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and try $95, then 24 hours later try $100.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes after each bidding attempt.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not really, thought it might save me some money on the hotels but not sure thats the case...

If you include all the zones which are acceptable for this stay, and bid systematically, you can get accepted at the hotel which is willing to accept the lowest price :) (although i think there is a good chance your budget will still be a bit of an issue)

If Downtown is acceptable, i would bid the following zone(s) at the 3* level, although you should check the boundaries of each zone on PRICELINE to ensure that each will work well for your own needs:

CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, MSG, MTW, TS. You can also consider MTE too, but it does contain a few hotels which are a 10-15 minute walk to the subway... if that's acceptable to you then include MTE, if not, i would leave it out.

Let us know which zone(s) you're willing to bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board for your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Having had a think about it, I'm happy to drop to 2.5*, the ideal areas are, CPS, ESB, MDW and Times Square.

I've seen similar suggestions of strategies to start low and add a zone and $5 to my bid everytime I rebid (and to use the links on here everytime!)

I might have a look about at what other winning bidders have bid on and got, I know it's by no means what I will get but gives me an idea

Thanks for all your help so far

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]