Hotwire Hotel: 3* Minneapolis (St Paul Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn

noahkai
By noahkai,
in

Hello,

I'm going to the Simon and Garfunkel concert on May 8th and I'm trying to find a cheap hotel deal since I already spent all my money on the tickets. :) Any ideas what hotel this might be?

3* Dowtown St. Paul - May 8th 1 night

Amenities:

Pool

Restaurant

High Speed Internet access

I'm thinking it's either the Holiday Inn or the Best Western Kelly Inn, but both of them usually post laundry as well, so I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you change your HOTWIRE search to 2adults/2children a 'new' 3* hotel appears for the same price with Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Internet

While this property has not yet been identified, it does have a 3.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating and an 80% recommendation by HOTWIRE users, with 4.5/5.0 ratings across the board (except for one 4.0 in the list)... so at least this may give you a bit of added confidence to move forward with this one for a one nite stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The X factor is the Best Western Kelly Inn. Calling that place downtown is a mistake and calling it 3 star is another mistake. Going through Priceline can often get you the Hilton Garden Inn, which is a nice enough property. The Holiday Inn Select is literally right across the street from the Xcel Energy Center. Any of the DT St. Paul offerings would be good with the exception of the Best Western.

I did have one other win in St. Paul that was the Best Western Kelly Inn on Apr. 7th 2010 for $75. The icons were the same as the Holiday Inn, which is what I thought I was bidding on. I'm a little disappointed at paying that price for the Best Western, but that's the chance you take, right? It is definitely not a 3* hotel in my book. At the time I was sure it was a 2 1/2* which is why I bid what I did. Now I know better so that's what's keeping me from bidding on this other St. Paul property for May 8th. The only good news is that I booked the hotel for the Bon Jovi concert and I called them directly and they informed me they have a shuttle going to and from the Xcel for the concert. So at least I won't have to pay for parking. :)

I did have one other win in St. Paul that was the Best Western Kelly Inn on Apr. 7th 2010 for $75.

Can you please add this win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that we can update the Hotwire Hotel List. You can still view all the details of this purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate, dates, and amenities shown before your purchase) by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

I found an offer on Hotwire for $56 for a 3 star with the following amenities: pool, restaurant, high speed internet. It had an 80% positive review. I booked it for 5/8-5/9/10. It was the Hilton Garden in. Standard rooms on their website are going for $139 a night, so I think it's a pretty good deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]