Priceline Hotel: 3.5* LA-San Gabriel Valley (Pasadena) Sheraton Pasadena

bcrrizo
By bcrrizo,
in

Hi,

I am trying to get a 3.5* hotel room in Pasadena for my in-laws but have not had any luck. Any helpful tips would be welcome. I tried the following strategy, based on what I've read in the forums. I decided my max would be $81 based on what I've seen from the past 3.5* winning bids for this area. I ONLY want a 3.5* or above hotel in the Pasadena zone.

Here's what I did:

1. Bid $65 on a 3.5* in Pasadena - REJECTED

2. Bid $75 on a 3.5* in Pasadena & Monrovia - Duarte - REJECTED

3. Bid $81 on a 3* in Pasadena - REJECTED

Thanks,

bcrrizo

Another thing I noticed is that you are running Friday 5/21 through Wednesday 5/25, For a mostly suburban area like the San Gabriel valley, the Friday/Saturday rate could easily be higher than the weekday rate, especially with the Bimmerfest being held at the Rose Bowl on May 22. You might want to consider trying to bid Sunday through Wednesday to get a lower rate, then try to add on the extra days with the "extend your stay" option, but if demand is high for the weekend, you will probably be paying a higher rate for Friday and Saturday nights.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad you were able to come up with some bonus money in order to keep your out of pocket within your budget for this stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]