Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) InterContinental

davsaz
By davsaz,
in

Can anyone figure this out? Dates June 8-11th at 75 a night.

3.5*, Recommended by 75% of guests. Trip Advisor rating of 4 Stars, 200+ reviews (Hotwire or Trip Advisor I'm not sure)

Price $75 a night.

Fitness Center Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities High-speed Internet Access

Thanks.

This would likely be the Club Quarters Loop. Nice property and a nice rate, although not the most conveniently located from a tourist perspective - a better location in the Loop for business travelers. There is VERY little going on around this hotel at night - if you are planning to be out a lot at night, I'd rather suggest spending a bit more (instead of paying for cabs to get around at night) and trying to bid in the $85-95 range to see if a 4* (or if a 4* won't accept that price, a 3.5*) in the River North-NMA area will accept.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I bid on this yesterday....thinking it would be the Hotel James...Our 4.5-star hotel suppliers include: The Leading Hotels of the World, Preferred Hotels & Resorts, and other top brands. Turns out it is the Hotel Intercontinental. The price is high because there is a big convention just leaving town around that time...and a few smaller ones going on (to which I am attending)

$175 a night June 8-11th.

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Bussiness Center

High-speed Internet Access

Not thrilled about the Hotel Intercontinental. Can anyone say anything to make me feel better?

Congratulations on your success. :)

I don't really know where the negative reviews come from regarding this property - I thought it was quite nice, it's certainly in an awesome location, and it has a pretty fascinating history. The Intercontinental, James and Conrad have been reported to the board with this amenity set, so it could have been any of the three.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay

I have stayed at the Intercontinental before and enjoyed my stay. The hotel combines historical charm with modern luxuries and the public areas, especially the pool, are elegantly decorated. And as AaronJB noted, the location is excellent - right on Michigan Avenue a few blocks north of the Chicago River. I would definitely return to the Intercontinental.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]