Priceline Hotel: Vegas Strip Help

lc8889
By lc8889,
in

Hi all,

I'm looking for a one-night stay in LV on 4/16 (a Saturday) and as a backup have booked a cancellable room at Paris for $199. What's the likelihood that I can do better with a 5* through Priceline for this date? Also, it is known that if you win a 5* bid in LV Strip area, it's most likely the Venetian. Is there a strategy for winning a 4* like the Aladdin, NY, TI or Paris, and not the Westin which is not physically on the strip?

My max bid for the 5* is $175, 4* is $150.

Here are some rates from hotel websites or Expedia for that day: Venetian $399; Bellagio $399; Harrah's $350; Monte Carlo $319; Mirage $299; Caesars $280; Aladdin $259; Boardwalk $250; Treasure Island $249; Flamingo $230; Hilton $219; Paris $199; Luxor $189; Excalibur $170; NY NY No Vacancy; Mandalay Bay No Vacancy

Thanks all.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How long ago did you book the Paris at $199? Relative to the other prices i think that is a very good deal for that property. As well, it's currenlty sold-out for this nite.

Based upon the current prices you're currently seeing, i dont' think you'll be successful at a 5* at $200 or a 4* at $150 unless you see rates drop, which may happen as you get closer to your check-in date.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]