Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Tampa (Airport TPA and Westshore) Sheraton Suites

703bidder
By 703bidder,
in

Hello all, after looking through the site ive noticed people have been able to get 4 star hotels in tampa, mostly the intercontinental tampa for under $70 a night. I have been going on priceline for the past week, upping my bid from $50 all the way up to $124 and i have been rejected every time. Am i doing something wrong? Should i wait until closer to my travel date? i need a room for march 16-18? Can anyone help?

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

No, you're not doing anything wrong. Tampa is pretty expensive for your dates. My guess is that you're looking at $150+ 4* Downtown.

Should i wait until closer to my travel date?

Sorry to say that there's no general answer to your question. Please read this link: Should i Bid Early or Close to Arrival Date

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the rating for the hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Hi Yellowdog,

Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad i was told about this site by my friend. Alot of great info here. This will be my first time using PRICELINE and i plan on using the link off the site :) .

I was looking for a 4star, but $150 for the intercontinental doesn't seem like a deal to me since you can get it for $170 on the hotel site, i would love the renaissance at that price but there is no way to know which hotel i will get :) . I think i will try for a 3.5 star hotel now in the westshore area. I don't really have a budget, im more of a bargain buyer and want to know i'm getting a good deal :o

If the TPA/Westshore area is OK, there have been many winning bids for the Hyatt Place 3* hotel for $40-$45 over the last month or two. I stayed there one night and thought it was a good hotel and a better bargain.

You might give it a shot if a 3* hotel is acceptable. You can search "Tampa" in the search box and see the winning bids.

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]