Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Convention Center-Capitol Hill) Hyatt Rgncy

TCR
By TCR,
in

Hello, just a note to the group. Today I booked the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill for $80 per night, staying this 4/23 through 4/28. My first couple of attempts failed at this price level, as I was trying to catch a 4*. Other areas searched were Dupont Circle, Foggy Bottom & South of Mall. I didn't catch the booking until I tried for a three star. It looks like a decent property, although If I'd had a choice of hotel it would not have been my first choice. (I was hoping to catch one in Dupont or South of the Mall), but for the price I can't complain. I got a Hyatt for the price of a Days Inn!

TCR

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for posting and sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board.

Was $80 your first bid once you had lowered to 3 stars? (if not, what was the amount you were rejected for previously when including the Capitol Hill zone?)

Thanks, and have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My first bid was for $75 for Dupont Circle and South of Mall. All 4 star. It was rejected.

My second bid was for $65 and I added 3 star. It was rejected.

My third attempt I added Foggy Bottom and bid $70. It too was rejected.

At this point, I was almost ready to stop and have my wife try later, but decided to try one more time.

I added Capitol Hill and raised my bid to $80 (which was about the most I was willing to pay for a Priceline bid). I was accepted by the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill. This was my first (serous attempt...I'd tried once a couple of years ago for a Hotel in South Beach Miami for around $50 bit was unsuccessful. Only made one attempt at the time as it was only a half hearted effort....I really wanted to stay at an Art Deco hotel and so was only willing to use Priceline if I could get an outstanding deal). Anyway, in hindsight I think I bid backwards. I should have listed the lower dollar values with Capitol Hill and then moved my bid up as I added my favorite area (Dupont Circle). Overall though, I have no complaints. The price is better than anything else I could have found on my own for a hotel in its class. Had been considering the Harrington, until my wife said "it had better be a nice place...not like the place we stayed at in Miami that one time (not the art deco one...the one she didn't like was a $40 per night place near the cruise ship port. It was clean, but very run down. Fun to think back on it though and laugh about it.) :-) .

Craig

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]