MCO Orlando Premium Alamo

hackerr
By hackerr,
in

I am trying to get SUV for MCO with Mar.15 8:00 PM pick and Mar.23 6:00 am drop off (8 days). I started at $30.00 and worked my way up to $45.00 and still no acceptance. I notice that Hotwire is offering $52.00 for the same deal and Priceline normal rates starts around the same.

Why no discounted rates? I still have time but its becoming a full time job to bid everyday.

I am trying to get SUV for MCO with Mar.15 8:00 PM pick and Mar.23 6:00 am drop off (8 days). I started at $30.00 and worked my way up to $45.00 and still no acceptance. I notice that Hotwire is offering $52.00 for the same deal and Priceline normal rates starts around the same.

Why no discounted rates? I still have time but its becoming a full time job to bid everyday.

I'll mention some possibilities that come to mind.

There may be a large convention (or the like) causing a shortage.

MCO is a family destination with 'most' ? requesting a SUV, causing a shortage.

Try bidding lower on another type vehicle if it would suit you.

Another possibility that we have done is to fly into Tampa (not far away) and rent there.

I just responded to an e=mail from carrentals.com, typed in your travel dates, and got the following (I tried cutting and pasting...so the format is not good). But these rates are showing better rates. If these rates are available, then you SHOULD be able to get a BETTER rate at Priceline.

My limited experience with Priceline....is limited to one rental for $11 a day for a midsize in Hawaii. I suggest you keep trying (I would go much lower although it makes no sense).

Hope this gives you some ideas. If I were you, I'd have a reservation (that you don't have to prepay) held...just in case.

Orlando International Airport - Florida (MCO)

Click Here To Modify Location Orlando International Airport - Florida (MCO)

Click Here To Modify Location Search 100% completed. Found 120 ratesPickup: Monday, March 15 10:00 AM Dropoff: Tuesday, March 23 10:00 AM Sort By: Price Vendor Car Type

Orlando International Airport (MCO)

Compact

(Ford Focus or Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$124.87/week

Total With Taxes $205.93

Select Vehicle

Economy

(Hyundai Accent or Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$124.87/week

Total With Taxes $205.93

Select Vehicle

Intermediate

(Chevrolet Cavalier or Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$140.17/week

Total With Taxes $226.50

Select Vehicle

Economy

(Kia Rio or Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$129.00/week

Total With Taxes $228.10

Select Vehicle

Compact

(Nissan Versa, Kia Rio OR Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$145.85/week

Total With Taxes $229.66

Select Vehicle

Economy

(Chevy Aveo OR Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$145.85/week

Total With Taxes $229.66

Select Vehicle

Economy

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$140.19/week

Total With Taxes $229.68

Select Vehicle

Compact

(Dodge Caliber or Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$140.19/week

Total With Taxes $229.68

Select Vehicle

Compact

(Nissan Versa or Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$131.00/week

Total With Taxes $230.40

Select Vehicle

Compact

(Versa or Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$146.89/week

Total With Taxes $231.05

Select Vehicle

Economy

(Aveo 4dr or Similar)

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$146.89/week

Total With Taxes $231.05

Select Vehicle

Economy

Automatic

Air Conditioning

Unlimited Mileage

$141.61/week

Total With Taxes $231.61

Select Vehicle

cshos,

Your post above has multiple rates for the same car class, it would be better to just post the least expensive one. As well, none of the above are for the car class that the OP is looking for.

hackerr,

This stay is during spring break for many colleges and many students may be visiting this area and renting cars. Rates are a function of supply and demand, and while logic may think that as the price gets higher the amount of discount should increase, that is not always the case. As demand, and prices, increase, there becomes less reason for car rental companies to offer deep discounts if they believe they can rent the cars on their own. Not sure how far your traveling or the make-up of the group for which you need an SUV, but would renting two smaller sized cars work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up with a premium car for $30.00 (Alamo) per day but I made a few screwups.

1) I put the pickup time at 8:00 am instead of 8:00 pm. This does not affect the price but who do I call to make a a correction?

2) I bid on a premium car thinking it was a luxury (not a big issue).

3) I dont remember if I used the better bidding PRICELINE link.

I noticed it was a few bucks cheaper than hotwire and quite a bit cheaper than the original SUV.

There is an upgrade option for a minivan for $13.00 and SUV $22.00. How long this this upgrade last?

Congratulations on your success!

I would call the rental company and see if they'll note on your reservation that you'll be picking the car up in the evening instead of the morning.

I'm not sure how long the upgrade button will remiain, but i'm guessing until your pick-up time. However, just because the button appears doesn't mean an SUV is available... the inventory, for that price, will be checked once you click the button (and it will return that you have upgraded the car, the price is no longer available but you can still upgrade for $xx, or that an upgrade is no longer available)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please try to remember to use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]