Hotwire Hotel: pls identify 4* san juan PR (4/29 - 5/3)

texaspesina
By texaspesina,
in

we will be in Puerto Rico for an anniversary trip from 4/29 - 5/3/10.

intercontinental OR el conquistador, better location; how to win these

i was oringally looking at staying in San Juan, but I found out about the El Conquistador. Both properties look very nice. Based on my itinerary below, which would be the best place for us?

arrive late at night

day 1: Snorkel tour/Fajardo

day 2: OSJ/Forts

day 3: El Yunque

depart early that next morning

Also, I'd like to spend no more than $129/nt - is that a possibility? I've looked at the boads on HOTWIRE, but I don't see the El Conquistador listed right now. Could that change in a couple of weeks (likelihood)?

I've looked at PRICELINE, but I am afraid to bid on PRICELINE and get stuck with El San Juan as a resort -- really don't want that one.

HELP :) thanks so much. My hsuband and I haven't taken a trip alone in about 5 years so this will be a treat for us!!! :)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The HOTWIRE property above is a match for the InterContinental so that would be my best guess for that one.

There is no telling when hotels will appear (or disappear) as a HOTWIRE offering. HOTWIRE only shows one hotel per star rating in a zone (the lowest priced hotel is the one offered) so unless the El Conquistador is the lowest hotel at its star rating, it may never show for your dates. As well, we haven't see the El Conquistador won in over a year, but we also don't see this zone bid as often as the San Juan area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]