Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Sea World-I-Drive South) Westin Imagine

SuzanneS
By SuzanneS,
in

Hi,

I'm looking at a hotel on Hotwire that is listed for $82 a night, March 9-13. This is my first time using this site, and based on searching this site I am thinking it is the Sheraton Vistana Village. There is one exception, and that is the "Smoke Free Rooms" amenity. I didn't see that listed on the post I found here, but otherwise it matches. Any clue would be great. I'm trying to get close to the Orange County Convention Center, so being able to check how close this is would be helpful.

Amenities are as follows:

Resort

1-Bedroom Suite

Smoke Free Rooms

Free Parking

Air Conditioning

In-Room Laundry

Children's Activity Program

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

24-Hour Front Desk

Laundry Facilities

High-Speed Internet Access

Gold nearby

Tennis Nearby

Kitchenette

Condo

Thank you very much!

Suzanne

Hi,

I found a hotel that might work for both the business and pleasure parts of my upcoming trip. It's in the Universal Orlando I-Drive North area. I'm wondering if someone might know which one it is? Based off the list of hotels for Hotwire it appears it could be the Crowne Plaza Universal or Doubletree at Entrance to Universal.

4* Universal I-Drive North hotel Hotwire

4* $84 a night, March 9-21st - w/ following Amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Thanks,

Suzanne

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Thee above is a match for the Crowne Plaza so that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So after all this I think I'm going to plan to split my trip between two hotels.

The first I'm looking at on Hotwire is I believe the Westin:

4* SeaWorld I-Drive South; $103 for March 9-13

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Can anyone confirm this is the Westin?

For the second part of my trip I want to stay in the Clermont area near the NTC Softball Complex. As far as I cant tell neither Hotwire nor Priceline have bidding in this area. Anyone every seen anything 'opaque' in that area?

Thanks,

Suzanne

I stayed at the Westin about a month ago from a PRICELINE bid. A few things to note - the hotel is across the street from one of the Convention buildings, but there is no other hotels, restaurants or shopping in the area where the Westin is located; there is no resort fee - but there is a parking fee $ 12.00 self-parking; $20.00 valet parking; all parking is in a garage adjacent to the hotel; if you self-park, there could be a saftey issue as there was usually nobody else in the garage; the rooms all have some sort of kitchen area - I believe our room (two queen beds) had the least - a refrigerator, with plates, bowls and utensils; we had dinner plans both nights, so we did not eat in the hotel restaurant; the pool and fitness areas looked very nice, but did not use the pool as it was on the cool side when we were there; and, there is a complimentary shuttle to Universal, but not Disney or SeaWorld. Very nice hotel, but you probably need a car. I 'll let the moderators confirm whether the HOTWIRE listing is the Westin or not.

Thanks for the info!

I did find on the Westin website that it was $12.00 for parking. That part of my trip I'm coming to attend something at the Convention Center, so I debated about getting a car, but was surprised to find (for the first time ever) that the neighborhood rental pick up at the end of my time at the Westin would actually cost me more than picking up the car at the airport when I first arrive and paying parking! Usually the non-airport rental pick up points are so much cheaper than the airport it's worth cabbing to them.

This website is great. I only recently found out about it in a travel article I read that mentioned it and have already been telling a bunch of people about it. I've been using PRICELINE and HOTWIRE for a few years now, but this website is really awesome. Takes a lot of the cringing out of hitting the purchase button and seeing what shows up. When I get a chance I'll have to look back at my previous reservations in my HOTWIRE and PRICELINE accounts and see if I can find anything that I could contribute, i.e. a hotel w/ amenities listing that not listed here yet.

Suzanne

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

We're glad to hear you're enjoying the board and finding the information here helpful with your travel purchases.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

tennisfan,

Congratulations on your success and thanks for your post.

Can you please add the details of your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of the win for your dates when searching the topic titles on the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

THANKS!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]