Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (Airport MIA) Sofitel

mellovesblue
By mellovesblue,
in

Thanks for sharing your previous HOTWIRE purchase with the board... can you see if the dates still appear in your HOTWIRE account (using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page) as this will enable this thread to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins which may help somebody who is researching seasonality pricing for this area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, This is a very nice hotel, especially if you particularly want the airport zone, but I want to point out that it is often available for $100 prepaid directly through the Sofitel site, so there is no hotwire uncertainly of which hotel you are getting. Also, through Sofitel, you can sometimes find value-added bargains, with no pre-pay. For example, I have reservations there for 3/28/10 - 3/31/10 @ $135 per night. Not only can I cancel up to 4 pm the day of arrival, but in addition to the room, I get $50 of hotel credit per night, a stellar deal - i.e. room = $85 if you use the credit for restaurant, spa, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

You are welcome. I am starting to see several hotels doing more "direct deep discounting" rather than making all the best deals through opaque sites. I kept an eye on the Sofitel Miami rate, and now I have the first night, 3/28 @ $116 for a "luxury" room (one level up from the "superior" room I had for $135 w/ $50 hotel credit) and the $116 includes a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates upon arrival and full breakfast for two in the room -- I can't believe this deal. It sure gives HOTWIRE and PRICELINE a run for the money and is still fully cancellable until 4 pm day of arrival.

Thanks! I am sure that we will as long as all goes smoothly with the flight down..... You have fun too. With the price that I got, it will be interesting to see what the Sofitel tries to pass off as 'champagne." As a French-owned chain, one would expect them not to refer to cheap sparkling wine as champagne, when that is against French law.... :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]