Priceline Hotel: NYC 3/29-4/5

pototes
By pototes,
in

Hi, I want to stay in New York for 7 nights on 29th March. I have read all the tips about PRICELINE. I tried to use the link in this forum but when I get to the credit card and address details, it only allows for a US billing address.

Is there a way for me to use the betterbidding link if I have a UK address?

When I try at the moment, I change the location & price but I keep getting a "duplicate request" message.

I have created a login for priceline uk as it asks me everytime for address and credit card.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

I tried to use the link in this forum but when I get to the credit card and address details, it only allows for a US billing address.
You can only use boards link if you have an US account.
Is there a way for me to use the betterbidding link if I have a UK address?
Yes, you can register on the US site. Please see this link: Non US Bidder
When I try at the moment, I change the location & price but I keep getting a "duplicate request" message.
You have to change some parameter or you will get this meassage. But there's a way around this. Please read this link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Also take some time to read this link: Priceline FAQ

Let us know if we can help you with anything.

Yellowdog.

Hi there

I have a UK credit card and just enter my correct UK address for street & town. I then use NJ for the state and 07605 for the zip code. This has worked fine for both visa and mastercards for me

Happy bidding!

BTW if you have trouble getting a reasonably priced hotel in New York, you can also look at Jersey City hotels - the Hyatt, Doubletree Marriott and Westin are close to the PATH station which goes straight into NYC

What is your rate at the Verve Hotel (and to clarify for anyone else reading... this hotel is in Long Island City, not Long Island :) )

Have you tried bidding on PRICELINE? If so, for which zone(s), star rating, and bid did you make?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It was $700 dollars for 4 nights for a room with jacuzzi with all taxes. It is quite a bit more than I was hoping to pay as I've been reading here about people getting 4* hotels for $120/night in Manhattan. But as I said, I made sure I got a cancellable deal at the Verve so I can still bid on PRICELINE.

So far on Priceline I bid on MTE, MTW, TS & CPS 3.5* & 4* up to $110 excluding taxes. I also tried $120 for CPS 4* excluding taxes. I'm not going until 29th March so I still have time & hopefully Manhattan prices will fall a little.

Is there a reason you're not include MSG or ESB in your bidding? I do think you'll improve your chances by including these zones. You still may need to increase your bid a little more, but you should be able to beat your back-up reservation which is outside of Manhattan.

Let us know if you'll consider these other zones and what you're maximum bid is.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]