Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (MTE) Affinia 50

mustgetoutmore
By mustgetoutmore,
in

Tried these dates at $65 and was rejected. As there were no free rebid zones, I bid $70 for the 26th - 28th and was accepted. I then extended 1 night to the 1st. Slightly more expensive way of doing it as you pay more in fees but it seemed such a good deal, I just wanted to make sure we had the booking.

The rack rate had moved from $119 per night last night to $139 by the time I bid this morning, which is probably why I didn't get the $65 rate.

Used the PRICELINE link.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let people know what a great hotel this is. I've stayed in far worse 4* hotels. I think it's a 2.5* because it doesn't have a bar or restaurant but who needs that in NYC? We stayed in room 201 which may well be the worst room they have as we didn't check in until 2.30am! It was very large with a great bed but was a bit hot and close to the breakfast area so a bit noisy. I would really recommend this hotel especially if you can get a good Priceline deal.

Glad to hear you had a good stay! :)

This is actually considered by most services to be a 4*; it is a rare instance of it not being considered as such by PRICELINE because it lacks a couple of features (restaurant, mainly.) Those who have been able to get it for the kind of prices it's been showing up at at the 2.5* level are quite lucky, and I have to imagine the rating for the hotel will change at some point.

omg!!! I had room 201 for the night of 2/25 (but we checked in at 4pm). After we went to our room, I went back and asked to get a room on a higher floor. Nothing available that night, but a room the next day. We got 519 the next night, which had a nice large window with a decent view.

They told us in the morning just pack up all of our stuff and they will move it for us while we were out sight seeing, but our stuff was still there at 8:30pm when we got back. not a problem, we moved it.

Please don't hotlink photos as eventually they're taken down or the 'free' service goes pay and it creates broken links/images on the board. We'll soon have a place to upload but in the meantime if you email me the pics (in email please clearly mark subject line) i'll host them here.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]