TPA Tampa Midsize Hertz

alambrose
By alambrose,
in

Been trying for quite awhile to get a deal through PRICELINE for TPA, 5/10-5/18. Finally went through tonight. Got accepted on an offer for an economy for $14/day, total $164 for the 8-days; Priceline gave me the option to upgrade to compact (+$2/day), mid-size (+$3/day), or full size (+$5/day). Because I have two kids in car seats I decided to splurge and spend the extra $24 ($27 w/tax) for the mid-size, so my total is $191.84 for a mid-size with Hertz at TPA via Priceline for 8 days.

I like Hertz at TPA because I can walk right to the rental car lot, jump in and go... NO SHUTTLE (like Alamo & National at TPA). The shuttle runs every few minutes, so it isn't that big a deal... but having to trek onto and off of the shuttle with bags and kids, and the extra 10 minutes or so it incurs, is only worth it if I can get a pretty good deal with Alamo or National.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and the deal you received. If you have more than one adult traveling, we usually leave one adult with the kids at the airport while the other takes the shuttle to the rental car location, then drives back to the aiport to pick up the kids... only take a few extra minutes and is a lot less aggevating (although not possible if both adults will be authorized drivers since both need to show ID at the rental counter)

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

This is a follow up to my recent rental from Hertz (via priceline) for a midsize vehicle at TPA, May 10-18th. As far as the rental experience goes, quick and easy, no hassles.

What surprised me was that Hertz considers a Toyota Corolla to be a mid-size car... most of the times (in recent memory) that I've rented a mid-size I've been given a Chevy HHR or Chrysler Pt Cruiser. Exactly what are they offering up as compact or economy models nowadays?; I mean really, a Corolla is mid-size? That's BS!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]