Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia Downtown Bidding Help

lsiegle
By lsiegle,
in

I just tried bidding on a 3.5* hotel in Downtown Area of Philadelphia at $55 based on older posts and was denied. I am trying to increase my bid to $57 or $60 but it says I need to change part of my original selection. I need advice on what I do...I definitely want the Downtown area and want to try for the Radisson Warwick or Crowne Plaza. Should I add 3* to my request? I am using PRICELINE

You are going to need to go much higher for that area on that date...
I disagree... this may be the end of the Flower Shop, but rates are not that high for these dates. I suspect another $20 or so should do it.

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Also, you'll need to read up on re-bidding, which is adding a zone which only contains hotels rated lower than the star level you're bidding (and since there are no hotels at that star level which meet your criteria, you know you can't win a hotl in that zone) in order to bid again inside of the 24 hour lock out period. You can read more about re-bidding, as well as how to determine your re-bid zones, in this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please read the previous re-bid thread and ask any questions you may have (as well as confirm your re-bid zones with the board... you have FOUR re-bid zones when bidding 3.5* in Philadelphia) and let us know your maximum bid, we'll then be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]