Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Hotel Nikko

jimf
By jimf,
in

After unsuccessfully bidding on a 4* in USE from $70-80 in $2 increments, I switched over to 4* USW and won the Hotel Nikko on the second bid at $70.

Used your PRICELINE link.

Question: (not sure if I need to start new topic or not.....)

Had I bid, say $100 in USE, could I have possibly gotten Westin St. Francis, or are you just as likely to end up with the Grand Hyatt? Does a higher bid line you up with a more expensive hotel if you meet their price point for that day, or are you just as likely to end up paying more for a hotel you could have gotten for less had you started low?

Congratulations on your success. :)

Very nice deal for the Nikko. In terms of bidding higher, there's a definite risk of overbidding for the same hotel you would have gotten had you started lower. In terms of particular properties, HOTWIRE is a good option in terms of trying to spot an appealing hotel - while a bit more expensive, that service at least gives enough information to take an "educated guess" as to which hotels may be showing.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Had I bid, say $100 in USE, could I have possibly gotten Westin St. Francis, or are you just as likely to end up with the Grand Hyatt? Does a higher bid line you up with a more expensive hotel if you meet their price point for that day, or are you just as likely to end up paying more for a hotel you could have gotten for less had you started low?

See this thread: Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel which goes into detail regarding this topic.

Enjoy your upcoming stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]