Hotwire Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat

JP44
By JP44,
in

Just joined this forum, also booked on hotwire and got Western Diplomat April 17th -19th for $81 a night.

Really pleased with booking until I received an e-mail from Hotwire stating the hotel could not provide rooms near beach, hotwire have since removed beach access from their website.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There are occasionally situations where HOTWIRE finds that the hotel cannot offer all the amenities that were shown with the listing. Can you provide the list of amenities that were originally shown with the listing?

Additionally, did you get a letter from the service - if so, were you offered a 50% credit or the ability to cancel w/credit or both?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There are occasionally situations where HOTWIRE finds that the hotel cannot offer all the amenities that were shown with the listing. Can you provide the list of amenities that were originally shown with the listing?

Additionally, did you get a letter from the service - if so, were you offered a 50% credit or the ability to cancel w/credit or both?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

When I booked All amenities were listed which included beach front, I did receive an e-mail but did not accept anything from them replying that my confirmed booking was Western Diplomat Hollywood Beach. Following this I contacted the Western Diplomat Hotel who confirmed that my reservation was at ocean front property.

If the letter noted that you could keep your reservation and get 50% credit, then they mean that you can get 50% of the cost of your stay in the form of a credit for future use on HOTWIRE and keep your reservation. It's worth contacting them, as if you can get credit for a future stay and keep your reservation, that's an awfully good deal.

If the letter noted that you could keep your reservation and get 50% credit, then they mean that you can get 50% of the cost of your stay in the form of a credit for future use on HOTWIRE and keep your reservation. It's worth contacting them, as if you can get credit for a future stay and keep your reservation, that's an awfully good deal.

I am quite puzzled how they can offer this deal, we are looking for two rooms from 5th April - 10th April, unsure whether to try Hotwire as we obtained 4* Hollywood $81 a night now offering for $104 and 4* Fort lauderdale beach $133, any recommendations.

If you are able to keep the reservation you currently have and get credit for a future stay, then you can use it for another vacation.

It is not uncommon for HOTWIRE to offer this when it is determined a hotel no longer offers an amenity that was listed by HOTWIRE (see Planet Hollywood Towers in Vegas - a couple of weeks ago, it was determined that in-room laundry was not offered, so those who had reservations got the same offer.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]