Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (White House-Downtown) Doubletree Washington

travelavid
By travelavid,
in

Looking at the Hotwire prices during my stay, I realized that the evening of March 7th was going for really cheap (4* for 105), but the 8th was quite expensive (4* 170).

Even for booking both days, I found HOTWIRE would give me a 3.5* WH-DT location for about $150 per night.

I tried $120 for a 4* and was rejected - but accepted for a 3.5* on Priceline

I am disappointed with the fact that the hotel is not within walking distance of the Whitehouse and Smithsonian, which was the only reason I chose the WH-DT area in the first place.

Use the PRICELINE links.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the results. If you're looking to stay within a speicifc part of a zone HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can often take an edcuated guess as to the hotel offered before your purchase based upon the amenities shown. Perhaps the Doubletree is near a Metro station which can easily take you to where you'd like to go?

Hope you can make this work for your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am disappointed with the fact that the hotel is not within walking distance of the Whitehouse and Smithsonian, which was the only reason I chose the WH-DT area in the first place.

Use the PRICELINE links.

The hotel is rated well on Tripadvisor and supposedly about 6 blocks from the Whitehouse. One reviewer commented:

Only need to walk ONE single block west bound on Rhode Island Avenue, corner of P & 14th Street, you can take the DC Circular bus green line south bound ($1 per trip, use Smartrip card, free transfers within 3 hours), to McPherson Square for all other DC Circular bus lines or Metrobus or Metrorail to every major DC sightseeing sites, include Arlington Cemetery. Previous Tripadvisor reports of long walk from hotel to convenient transportation are false. Well, DC subway does not have much coverage for most hotels. Take the DC Circular here to reach Metrobus & Metrorail. Use WMATA Trip Planner web site to find how to use metroBus & metroRail routes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]