Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Minneapolis-St Paul (Woodbury-Oakdale) Best Western Regency Plaza

big turk
By big turk,
in

I needed a place for a pit stop in Minneapolis on my drive to Chicago. I began with a series of lowball bids (using the PRICELINE link above) on 4*, 3.5* and 3* hotels with no luck. Then I turned to 2.5*.

I began with Airport at $27 and just moved down the list in alphabetical order adding one zone at a time (excluding Eagan, Coon Rapids and Burnsville), adding a buck every couple of rebids. Finally, once I got down to Woodbury-Oakdale, I upped the bid one more dollar to $31 and got the Best Western Regency Plaza. This property doesn't appear on the list (unless I checked the wrong heading?).

I'm sure if I waited I might have been able to find a 3 or 3.5 star for similar money, but I just wanted to get it done. At $31, it's hard to complain!

Congratulations on your success. :)

Looks like a very nice deal for this Best Western property. Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property to add to the site's Priceline Hotel List for the state.

A couple of suggestions for brief stops if you are driving from Minneapolis to Chicago - Devil's Lake State Park (http://www.devilslakewisconsin.com/), which is absolutely beautiful and - about an hour North of Chicago, the Brat Stop (bratstop.com), which is an institution not that far North of the Illinois border.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]