IL Chicago Suburbs Hyatt Lodge McDonalds Campus

LZE2003
By LZE2003,
in

I stayed here 1/21-1/23 for $34 a night on Priceline. I realized the reason for the low price when I walked in- lots of construction/renovation going on! At check-in, I received a piece of paper detailing the renovations. The Water's Edge restaurant, the casual dining area, is closed. Piazza restaurant is serving a limited menu and buffet, but we didn't try it- it didn't look like our style. Room service is available (which we did try, I'll detail it below) and the fitness center and pool sound great, we just never went to see it.

The hotel is pleasant looking (it would probably be beautiful when its not winter and the walking trails are open) and I really found the staff to be great. There was no mention of Priceline and I got a king bed as requested. There was a huge snowstorm and we couldn't really get out of the parking lot very easily, so we ordered room service for breakfast and for dinner on Saturday. Breakfast was excellent and came in 30 minutes. The menu was basic but had variety, which is great for a basic food eater like myself. I had the french toast and ham, and for dinner, which also came in 30 minutes, I had spaghetti with meatballs and my boyfriend had a burger and a Caesar salad. It was absolutely adorable how the trays were set up. We didn't want housekeeping on Saturday, and no one ever bothered us about it, which I appreciate.

All in all, I'd rather stay in a more accessible place (its kind of hard to get in and out of, especially in this weather) but for the price, and because of the service, I have good feelings for this hotel and I'd recommend it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hyatt Lodge on 4/9, thru Priceline on a $35 bid. What a steal! This hotel is in a heavily wooded, resort-like setting with severals ponds. Made us feel like we were far away from the city. Parking is a bit inconvenient, but free (or you can use the valet for like $14, but I wouldn't bother - the walk to the lot is probably the equivalent of a city block. Perhaps I'd feel differently in the winter!) Check in was a breeze; no mention of Priceline booking, our request for a non-smoking king room was gladly accommodated. Our room was in the section of the hotel that was furthest away from the front desk - we were in the Hyatt Gold Passport section and it surprised me that they'd make their best customers walk so far. But I got over the long walk very quickly when I saw the room. It was beautifully renovated - light colored wood/laminate furnishings, nice big desk; platform bed with premium linens and lightweight down comforter. Did I mention the lovely wooded view and the 27" LCD televisions? The bathroom vanity (separate from tub/toilet) had double sinks, granite tops and Kohler fixtures, along with lighted magnifying mirror and a blow dryer. This was probably the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in - this hotel should definitely get a higher star rating than 3*. We did not visit the restaurants or use room service so I can't comment on them. We were planning on indulging on breakfast from room service, but the bed was SO comfortable I decided I'd rather sleep some more instead of eating. After sleeping til after 11AM, we requested and were granted a 2PM check-out, which gave us time to use the pool and hot tub. Another long walk, but well worth it. The beautifully maintained pool is huge, as is the hot tub. The ceiling of the enclosure is mostly glass, allowing light to pour into the facility. It made it feel like we were outside even though it was a warm, indoor facility.

I highly recommend this hotel - we have already booked another stay (this time thru Hotwire as I was easily able to identify it thru the use of this forum.) I can honestly say that the Hyatt.com rate (usually $99 or more) would be more than a fair price for this lovely property.

• 1 year later...

Update on stay: Nice place, out in the suburbs. Great Pool.

Somewhat hard to find, it is actually at the Corporate McDonald's Center, and there is no signage.

Parking is one block away.

Clean facility, looked like an excellent workout facility, we did use large swimming pool and hot tub.

Wedding parties when we were there on grounds. Big sanctuary.

Excellent value for the $, if location to the loop is not that important. We were 20 minutes to downtown attractions.

Suggestion: Get directions first, I spent 30 minutes at 11pm looking for hotel with a tired 11 year old in tow.

I will try to post some pictures of facility in review section. :) :)

EDIT BY THEREUARE: please post pictures at RealHotelPhotos.com and then provides links to the pictures. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

I love this place. I do not care for the bed types- with the 4 of us, and with the tiny double beds, I always end up sleeping on the floor (we bought an inflatable mattress just for this reason).

but the rooms are very classy- 42" flat screen tv's, very professional staff.

the room service is expensive, and it can be difficult to leave to eat elsewhere since self parking is pretty remote.

the best feature is the pool- do not even try to bid for here if the pool is closed! the pool is awesome- huge, olympic sized, clean, and they even have pool toys (mats, noodles, etc) for guests to use there. we brought our own and had to keep beating off kids who wanted to use our stuff thinking it was the hyatt's! but what is great about the pool is, since it is so large, you can have a ton of people in it, and never even come near another person. everyone has their own section. people can do flips, cannonballs, whatever, and you can be clear on the other side of the pool. and they have 2 huge hot tubs- but with 2 toddlers I never get to use them!

anyway, of all the hyatt's- this is the only one I've seen that lives up to the hyatt name. and for $30/nite it's a steal for a great nite away- but remember to bring an inflatable mattress if there are more than 3 of you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]