Priceline Hotel: Not sure where to begin....

abconn
By abconn,
in

Taking a trip to Chicago and planning on bidding on Priceline. We'd like to win at $70 a night but please let me know if this is unrealistic. Also, we are taking a little bitty one (1 yr old) and need to know what area we should target. Obviously, we will not be going to bars or fine dining establishments!

Oh, the dates are 3/14-17.

What do you plan on doing during your stay?

Most users bid the NMA-River North or the Loop zone... the NMA area is more 'lively' and closer to shopping, restaurant, etc. The Loop zone gets quiet at nite after business hours, but is closer to the aquarium (not sure if your 1 year old would be too young for this or not) and Grant Park.

If both seem to work well for your needs you could bid both and simply have whichever zones accepts the lower bid be your deciding factor :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As noted above, the Loop area is closer to the museums, but the NMA area has more shopping and more going on at night. However, it's not a big trip to get from the NMA area to the Loop and vice versa.

Additionally, if you're driving, there are some beautiful suburban areas w/free parking. You'd definitely save some money on hotel (and free parking versus $25-50 downtown a night for parking), but it would require about a 35-40 minute train ride in on the Metra trains (which are sort of like Amtrak trains, only local.)

If you're not driving, I'd stay downtown. Is your budget $70 "all-in" (with taxes/fees) or $70 + taxes/fees.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Taking a trip to Chicago and planning on bidding on Priceline. We'd like to win at $70 a night but please let me know if this is unrealistic. Also, we are taking a little bitty one (1 yr old) and need to know what area we should target. Obviously, we will not be going to bars or fine dining establishments!

Oh, the dates are 3/14-17.

This is a realistic goal. I got exactly $70 a night for a four star hotel on priceline in downtown chicago for the dates of 3/26 to3/28 the hotel I got was the millenium knickerbocker in the chicago nma area. good luck

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]