Priceline Hotel: Bidding advice - hotels near outlets at Tulalip?

resipsa99
By resipsa99,
in

A coworker wants to go and stay near the Seattle Premium Outlets in Tulalip (Marysville, WA). I've never bid or stayed in hotels in that area so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has experience. What I'm worried about is Priceline giving her a hotel well away from the mall.

When you put "Marysville, WA" into the regular side of Priceline, it comes up with 4 hotels in Marysville, 1 in Arlington & 2 in Munroe. The four Marysville hotels are the 2.5* Holiday Inn Express, and three 2* hotels (Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Best Western). The Arlington hotel is a 1* and the Munroe hotels are the 2* Guesthouse Inn and Best Western.

When you move to the Name Your Own Price option in Priceline, it comes up with two areas - Area 1 Marysville and Area 2 Munroe. Both options on the map show very small circles, i.e. the Area 1 Marysville area doesn't encompass the Arlington or Munroe city markings and the Area 2 Munroe area doesn't encompass the Marysville or Arlington city markings.

My question is whether it is 'safe' to bid on Area 1 Marysville area in that she will get a hotel that is one of the four shown for Marysville in the non-NYOP option, or, could she get stuck with one of the Arlington/Munroe options, or even, say, something in Everett. My assumption is that if she bid 2.5* for Area 1 Marysville, she would effectively be bidding on the Holiday Inn Express, and similarly, if she bid 2* she'd add in the other three hotels linked to Marysville in the non-NYOP side of the site to the mix.

The reason I hesitate is because when you select Area 1 Marysville, the 1* option isn't grayed out - given that no 1* was shown for Marysville in the non-NYOP option, that worries me. (She can avoid it by not choosing 1*, of course, but I'm just wondering how the process works since I've never used Priceline for non-urban areas, and I appreciate any advice.

The "retail" and "bidding" side of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels... the retail side has some hotels that don't participate in the bidding side, and vice versa. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the retail hotels available thru PRICELINE to determine what you will receive when bidding.

The hotel she receives can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone (on the PRICELINE map) that is selected.

Let us know if we can be of further help and whatever your friend decides to do for this stay. If she does chose to bid, please ask her to stop by here and click our PRICELINE link to begin her bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The shaded boundaries are the areas that PRICELINE shows on the maps in the "Name Your Own Price" section of their site. In your example above, the hotel would be within what appears to be about a 3 mile radius which makes up the Marysville zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]