Priceline Hotel: Help please need Cincinnati Kingsgate hospital area tonight + more

trulyblest
By trulyblest,
in

I am helping my son-in-law secure a room, need the hotel tonight by University Hospital in Cincinnati. The Marriot Cincinnati Kingsgate has a special for critical care patients families of $99.00, but now is a tough time for them financially.

On top of that his son is on life support at University hospital. Need to get a room at this hotel, saw some successful bids on here, for about 50.00 but not sure how to go about making sure this is the hotel they get.

Can anyone help me please, my mind is spinning + I can't figure it out right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Prayers for Aaron please too. Thanks so much.

(Also, can I pay with my credit card and put the reservation in his name)

Good afternoon. I'm very sorry to hear about the situation. :) :)

There's no way to ensure a particular hotel, but we can try to find a hotel in the area.

Let me see what I can find - I'll be back shortly.

Thank you so much for quick reply! Can i pay for it? We are cashed strapped to, but who isn't these days.

You should be able to pay for it and indicate that he will be the person checking in on the reservation name portion during check-out. The Cincinnati Children's Hospital/University Hospital falls within the University Area-Norwood zone on PRICELINE.

The only hotels that have been reported in this zone are:

Cincinnati (University - Norwood)

3.5* Kingsgate Conference Center

3.5* Marriott Kingsgate at University of Cincinnati

There are lower star ratings, as well, although hotels at those ratings have not yet been reported to the board by users, so there is unfortunately no way to know what are the possibilities at those levels.

Please feel free to ask any questions before bidding, and again, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation - best wishes for your son-in-law and his son.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm also trying to look for "Plan B" alternatives in terms of hotels, as well. There are options by the airport (including one for $36 w/breakfast), although that would be about 10MI from the hospital area.

Thanks Aaron, I know sometimes people report the strategy they used to obtain the hotel they have, sorting areas by stars, etc., but we have been up all night and I can't concentrate. I am not sure, but it looks as if the Kingsgate Conference Center and the Marriott Kingsgate at University of Cincinnati are the same hotel??? Also, he doesn't have a car with him, so the hotel needs to have a shuttle, which appears Marriott does.

So are you snowed in the area as well?? Or just looking to visit our fine city?

Actually, now that I look - it does appear to be the same property. I'm not terribly familiar with the Cincinatti area, but I'm more than happy to help! :)

Would $50 plus tax be the desired max you would want to pay?

No, that was just the amount that I saw when doing a search of sucessful bids.

Just now got off the phone with the Marriott hotel and they are SOLD OUT! Ughhh.........no rooms at the inn, gotta figure something else out. We are expecting like 8 inches of snow.

Thanks so much Aaron!

EDIT: Update, he does have a car, and the shuttles are not running due to the snow. I am looking for something close, clean, shower and a little rest.

Happy to help! :)

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be many places around the hospital. I'm seeing the Parker House Inn B & B about 1.3M away (http://www.parkerhousecinci.com/Rates-and-Reservations.php, although they require advance notice, but maybe if you call?) and I'm seeing something called:

St John's Lodge (although I can't seem to find out much information about it - it says it's a hotel on google?)

819 Windham Avenue

Cincinnati, OH 45229-2735

(513) 559-9052

I'm also seeing the Senator Suites (although I can't seem to find out anything about it, as there's no website - but again, it's classified as a hotel on google?) at:

266 Senator Place, Cincinnati, OH‎ - (513) 961-0278‎.

According to Google maps, that is 0.8M away from the hospital.

Additionally, if you called the Marriott near the hospital and explained your situation, you could ask them if they could possibly call around to other Marriotts in the area to see if they could do anything in terms of providing a reasonable rate and shuttle to the hospital. They may say no, but it would really be a fantastic thing if they tried to find another Marriott nearby that would accommodate your son-in-law during this time.

* HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the North Cincinatti/Westchester/Sharonville area w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf for $48. I'm guessing this may be the Sheraton Cincinatti North. There's also a 2.5* for $34 in the same area w/Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, business, laundry, internet, golf and tennis for $34. This hotel has not yet been ID'd, but has a 4/5 tripadvisor rating. I'm also seeing a 2* with breakfast/pool/internet in the airport area for $36.

There's also a 3* on HOTWIRE in nearby Blue Ash for $55 w/Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, which would appear to be a match for the Hyatt Place.

* You could try bidding on the lower star ratings in the University-Norwood area. While the 3.5* Marriott is sold out, there are 3* and lower bidding options in this zone, although the hotels at that level are unknown/have not yet been reported to the board.

Also, HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Covington-Riverfront area for $79; You could attempt to bid on the Riverfront-Convington area for $50 at the 4*, then 3.5* and then 3* levels to see if any hotels would accept.

Aaron,

Thanks again! I called the Parker House Inn B & B, I wouldn't have found it if it weren't for you. They had 1 room left and were wonderful, they offered the room to me for $75.00. I gladly booked it, it is right down the street.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness and time you put into helping me and now, I can rest a little easier.

We did get a little good news, although he is on a breathing tube, he finally squeezed his dad's hand. So, we know he is responding. The next 24-48 hours are critical for him.

I am constantly amazed at some of the wonderful people you can find on the internet,blessings to you and your family.

I'm SO happy to be of help and so thankful to hear that you were able to get some good news!

That seems like a fantastic deal for the Parker House, as that property gets some terrific reviews - see this link.

Again, so happy to be of help and I wish you, your son-and-law and his child only the best. I hope his son recovers soon and again, so glad to hear that you were able to get good news. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]