Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Lake Buena Vista-Downtown Disney) Hyatt Grand Cypress

johnson37
By johnson37,
in

Hi,

I have stayed at Hyatt Grand Cypress Hotel in Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, before and totally loved it. I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to secure it on PRICELINE. Is it the only 3.5 star in this area? I am reading about other success at securing this hotel and am wondering if there are any tips I could use to try to book this particular place. Any help will be greatly appreciated and all results and attempts will be reported. Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As noted above you can't bid on, or target, a specific hotel with PRICELINE. If you're trying to target a specific property HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can often take an educated guess as to what hotel you may receive based upon the amenities assocaited with the hotel offered. However, there are not guarantees and if you only want a specific hotel you would be best to book thru non-opaque channels.

Let us know if/how you'd like proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can see the amenities last reported to be associated with this property in the Hotwire Hotel List.

If you search HOTWIRE (please use this link) for your dates, do you see anything which resembles the description/amenities of the Hyatt Grand Cypress? Let us know and we'll take it from there.

What is your budget (per nite before taxes and fees) for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can see the amenities last reported to be associated with this property in the Hotwire Hotel List.

If you search HOTWIRE (please use this link) for your dates, do you see anything which resembles the description/amenities of the Hyatt Grand Cypress? Let us know and we'll take it from there.

What is your budget (per nite before taxes and fees) for this stay?

I just tried $70/night on priceline for a resort type accommodation, I got shot down. What should I do now. My budget is anything up to $100/night. I just want to try to get the Hyatt, should I put in $90 for a 3.5* hotel in LBV and try to get the Hyatt. That is exactly how I got the hotel last year. Or, can I wait and try maybe to put in $90/night in resorts section to see if the Hyatt comes in. How long is the wait time? Should I go ahead and use my wife's details and credit card and try again.

Thanks

You have to bid in the Resort category to have a chance to get the Hyatt Grand Cypress - as that it how Priceline has this hotel classified. You should not bid the 3.5* category (very little chance of getting Hyatt Grand Cypress, as the Hyatt would have to be available at a price lower than lowest offering in the 3.5* category.) You can go back on Priceline today and make additional bids by adding additional zones in the Orlando area that do not have Resorts in those zones. There are 13 bidding zones in Orlando - only LBV, Disney Maingate and SeaWorld zones have Resorts listed. If you add any other zones but Disney Maingate or SeaWorld and just bid on a Resort you will only win a Resort in Lake Buena Vista. You can keep increasing you bid with these 10 re-bid zones until you get to your maximum amount. (You should also factor in the resort fee which you have to pay separately to the hotel when you check-out.) However, since there are other resorts in Lake Buena Vista zone - you could also win Hilton DTD, Hilton Bonnett Creek, Marriott New World, or possibley even the Swan or Dolphin.

You have to bid in the Resort category to have a chance to get the Hyatt Grand Cypress - as that it how Priceline has this hotel classified. You should not bid the 3.5* category (very little chance of getting Hyatt Grand Cypress, as the Hyatt would have to be available at a price lower than lowest offering in the 3.5* category.) You can go back on Priceline today and make additional bids by adding additional zones in the Orlando area that do not have Resorts in those zones. There are 13 bidding zones in Orlando - only LBV, Disney Maingate and SeaWorld zones have Resorts listed. If you add any other zones but Disney Maingate or SeaWorld and just bid on a Resort you will only win a Resort in Lake Buena Vista. You can keep increasing you bid with these 10 re-bid zones until you get to your maximum amount. (You should also factor in the resort fee which you have to pay separately to the hotel when you check-out.) However, since there are other resorts in Lake Buena Vista zone - you could also win Hilton DTD, Hilton Bonnett Creek, Marriott New World, or possibley even the Swan or Dolphin.

Awesome, I am going to try right now, I'll let you know

Success, Success, Success, we are all bursting with excitement. The funny thing is, I was able to choose the same category as before, LBV and resort accommodation, I typed in $85/night and got a room immediately. I was expecting a refusal as I did my first bid just about 7 hours ago. We stayed there last year and we feel that it is well worth the Resort Fee as the hotel has some amazing activities for young families covered under this charge. The hotel wasunder construction last year and we still loved it.

Our dates are Feb 19th-22nd and the rate is $85/night on priceline.com .

I am going to try the $20 tip at check-in to see how far it gets me.

Thanks till next time.

By the way, I found kayak.com to be way way cheaper for my rental car. Please note, if you get a great rate the first time, if you try to make a change to the reservation then you get a rate, 30-40% higher, I figured this out after several attempts. I am amazed at the deal I got, about $20/day cheaper than priceline.com for an SUV.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]