PHX Phoenix Economy Hertz

gtpdiddy
By gtpdiddy,
in

Hi everyone,

Tried $15 going up to $20 for economy, compact, mid-size cars for PHX 2/27-3/3. Any suggestions? Is there a particular day of the week that I should bid? Should I do it last minute?

I used to do the last minute National deals and they're great ($20/day) but they don't have any for Arizona right now.

Appreciate your help.

GT

The prices are steep there for some reason ... probably something to do with Baseball Spring Training. I recently had to pay $42 thru Priceline for a Standard car. I'd say you are getting close for an economy .. probably within $5 or so. My dates are for 3/8 - 3/12.

I was hoping to get a much better deal than I did, but I started low with my bids and finally had to settle at the price I listed above ... oh well.

Good Luck !!

I think the return day of 3/3 is what is preventing this 'win'... would it be possible to return the car a day earlier (3/2) or even 'swap' cars on 3/2 (ie- return one car and rent another)

Searching HOTWIRE for 2/27-3/2 gives an economy car for $26/day... change the drop-off to 3/3 and the rate for the entire period jumps to $44/day. However, if you break up the rental into two separate contracts (2/27-3/2 and 3/2-3/3 you can get the $26 rate for the first rental period and $44 for the last day)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There was no change in rate for priceline (used the icon link above) no matter how I played with the dates, but I did follow your advice and tried hotwire using the icon link above on your site. Decided to go for 2/27-3/2 with a sale price of $22.95 per day for economy car, total $107.07 including taxes and fees, a savings of 58% their claimed! Ended up with Economy car under Hertz.

Will try to see if they can let me extend for another day and how much that'll be when I arrive, or I'll just keep checking for last minute rates for 3/2-3/3.

Thanks!

GT

Congratulations on your success!

While pickup/return the car for the extra day might be a bit of a hassle, at least it's better than the $45+ rate for the entire length of the rental!

Keep us updated as to what you ultimatley do for the last day.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]