Hotwire Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat

Mudhen
By Mudhen,
in

Hello, a few days ago I posted winning this hotel for $72 a night. When my wife called and confirmed they said we were booked at the sister property the Diplomat Golf Resort and Spa. Now our hotwire confirmation and address do not show this hotel. My wife's in the process of calling them back to discuss this but any trouble from anyone else? If so any advice? There's supposedly a shuttle that runs from the sister hotel to the Westin Diplomat, but to me it seems if we won the Westin Diplomat (3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood,FL,33019) and not one that appears to be in another city (Hallandale Beach?) they need to honor it. This is still early in the conversation (we haven't called Hotwire etc) but any help is appreciated.

Well after 4 phone calls, 2 to the Westin Diplomat and 2 to Hotwire, we were able to get this worked out.

We were mistakenly booked (either by Hotwire or the Westin) at the Westin Diplomat Golf Resort and Spa which is in Hallandale, FL. They were offering us a 5 minute shuttle to their sister property on the beach. We explained to Hotwire that this wasn't the hotel that we received as winning. After weeding through the confusion that there actually were two different properties, Hotwire was able to book us correctly.

If you recently won this property, I'd double check, hopefully it was just a blip and no one else has this problem.

Mudhen

I've been researching this hotel and this board for a while now because I'll be in the area on vacation in March. When I read your first message this morning, I sadly gave up on the idea of staying at the Westin Diplomat, the real hotel on the beach. But now after reading your follow up, I'm tempted once again to think about purchasing 2 nights at the Diplomat using hotwire. But I'm still hesitant. I think the same thing will happen to me, but when I call they'll just say sorry you have to stay across the intercoastal at the country club. And with my luck, even if I did call and get it corrected, the day I show up at the hotel, they will tell me I got the wrong place and hitch a ride to the country club. What did they say on the phone to confirm that you will be staying at the actual high rise hotel??

I was looking at this thread earlier today and noticed that the icons included for this hotel (in this particular win) included "Near Beach -

Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach". I would definitely argue with the Westin that the Diplomat Country Club is not considered easy walking distance, rather a shuttle is offered to transport to the beach. But it looks like it turned out well and the argument is moot. Thanks for posting.

From what I've heard, the email that you receive is a contract from Hotwire. So they were bound to give me the one in Hollywood because that's what the title and address read. The other hotel was in a different city so it wasn't as if they were just neighboring properties.

I guess to confirm I got the right hotel now the best I can say is that now we've heard it both from Hotwire and the Westin (at the phone number of their beach hotel) that we are confirmed.

I was looking at this thread earlier today and noticed that the icons included for this hotel (in this particular win) included "Near Beach -

Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach". I would definitely argue with the Westin that the Diplomat Country Club is not considered easy walking distance, rather a shuttle is offered to transport to the beach. But it looks like it turned out well and the argument is moot. Thanks for posting.

I have won Westin Diplomat a while back and it said "near beach". If you look at the sticky for 4* Hollywood Beach, it says near beach for Westin Diplomat.

I agree, if HOTWIRE was perfect, the Westin Diplomat should say "oceanfront" etc., but it doesn't.

I received the same email as the other posters about the near beach not being a correct amenity any longer. Before calling hotwire we called the hotel and for a second time they've confirmed us as being at the Beach Front property. Has anyone ever won this thru HOTWIRE and stayed at the hotel recently to vouch for this?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]