Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat

whypayfullprice
By whypayfullprice,
in

I would really like to stay at the Westin Diplomat. Today on Hotwire I get the following result:

Hollywood Beach

4*

04/08/10-04/11/10

Resort

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

$104 per room, per night

Recommended in 80% of customer reviewers (500+ total reviews)

Tripadvisor customer rating 4/5

Thanks for taking a look!

The above matches both the Crowne Plaza and the Westin, so either of these would be my best guess. As both hotels have used this amenity combination in the past, there is no way lean one way or the other as to which one is more likely for the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4/8/10-4/12/10

Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach)

Resort

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Reccommended in 95% of customer reviews

What's your best guess?

With 95%, I'd say the Westin. I'm not sure what HW customers show for the Crowne Plaza though.

I booked it using the link from this website and I am happy to say it is, in fact the Westin Diplomat.

4/8-4/12 at $99 per night - a steal!

I pulled a little trick here playing around with the days. Here's what I did.

I put in 4/8/10-4/11/10 and got the same amenities BUT 80% customer review number

I put in 4/8/10-4/12/10 and the only thing that changed was the customer review number to 95% (and the price went from 109 to 99)

Then I posted to the board the amenity/review number and you predicted Westin b/c of the high review number....you were right (thank god).

Since I am only staying 4/8-4/11, the extra night just means I dont have to check out at check out time on 4/11, I can stay all day and leave whenever I feel like it (booked a later flight on 4/11 and saved even more money there). PLUS this combo is WAY cheaper then what they are charging for the W ammenity combo in Ft. Lauderdale Beach. So overall I think I did pretty darn well.

Thanks for your help - I am officially hooked on this board and will tell all I know about it.

The above matches both the Crowne Plaza and the Westin, so either of these would be my best guess. As both hotels have used this amenity combination in the past, there is no way lean one way or the other as to which one is more likely for the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Since this one says 80% recommendation, I'd say this is the Crowne Plaza. There was another thread with these same amenities, however, the recommendation was 95% (probably the Westin)

I booked it using the link from this website and I am happy to say it is, in fact the Westin Diplomat.

4/8-4/12 at $99 per night - a steal!

I pulled a little trick here playing around with the days. Here's what I did.

I put in 4/8/10-4/11/10 and got the same amenities BUT 80% customer review number

I put in 4/8/10-4/12/10 and the only thing that changed was the customer review number to 95% (and the price went from 109 to 99)

Then I posted to the board the amenity/review number and you predicted Westin b/c of the high review number....you were right (thank god).

Since I am only staying 4/8-4/11, the extra night just means I dont have to check out at check out time on 4/11, I can stay all day and leave whenever I feel like it (booked a later flight on 4/11 and saved even more money there). PLUS this combo is WAY cheaper then what they are charging for the W ammenity combo in Ft. Lauderdale Beach. So overall I think I did pretty darn well.

Thanks for your help - I am officially hooked on this board and will tell all I know about it.

Congrats! I think we're starting to see a little trend here.

80% Recommendation = Crowne Plaza

95% Recommendation = Westin Diplomat

This board makes things way too easy :)

Congrats! I think we're starting to see a little trend here.

80% Recommendation = Crowne Plaza

95% Recommendation = Westin Diplomat

This board makes things way too easy :)

I would have to agree with this after monitoring HOTWIRE for a few days for the same location. CP is 80% and Westin Diplomat is 95% recommendation. I just got the Westin Diplomat for April 16-20, $73 a night. This board is awesome!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]