Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (Chelsea-MSG) Holiday Inn Express MSG

sbg
By sbg,
in

We are family of 5 with kids 23, 19 and 15..

While these may be, and will always be, your "kids", any hotel is going to view 2 out of 3 of them as adults :)

What is your budget for this trip? Are you willing to get 2 or 3 rooms?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess what I'm saying is that despite the kids' ages, we could do 2 queens and a cot in one room to save money. Happy to be in 2 rms if we could afford the place!

I was hoping we might be able to make it under $200 (incl.taxes). Does that seem crazy?

PRICELINE does not guarantee 2 beds, and this is particularly a big risk in NYC. Beyond that, many NYC hotel rooms - even in higher-end hotels - are so small that having more than 3-4 in the room may be an issue with city codes. Additionally, those counted as adults are going to add significant (especially in NYC) extra person fees. Beekman Tower and Salisbury are full; is your budget $200 per room or $200 "all in"?

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

When searching for 4 adults in one room, I do see a 3* in the Empire State Building area w/restaurant and internet for $196. Unfortunately, this property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, and fitting 5 in a NYC hotel room is a definite risk, given what may be city code and/or hotel policy.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase and your searches.

Rates are inflated for this nite since it's the Saturday before Valentine's Day (which falls on the following Sunday)... i think $200 all-in is going to be tough for these dates (unless you only declare double occuapancy... which i do NOT recommend in NYC)

Is staying outside of the city, in an area accessible by mass transportation, an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]