Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown East) Delta Chelsea

catsmeow
By catsmeow,
in

I would say it is Downtown Toronto East, as it is east of Yonge St, on Jarvis.

I don't see it listed in the link you provided, so I guess I'll have to book direct if I want to stay there, or take my chance on another one on Hotwire close to it.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for that tip!

FYI...I went online on Ramada's site, as well as Expedia and a few others and their rate is $99/nt. I enquired direct with the hotel as to whether there were any group discounts pertaining to the seminar I was attending, and they said oh yes we have a group rate of $109/nt. Wow! Bonus! I replied back letting them kno it's only $99. online. They thanked me and said they would honor that. Again, wow!.

Would Ramada downtown Toronto be something I could bid on PRICELINE through this site?

I do like to support this great site as I've had great luck through HOTWIRE in the past.

Thanks again!

I don't believe the hotel has been reported to the board, and in terms of bidding on PRICELINE, there's really no way to ensure a particular property. The Expedia coupon code 10WINTER may work for $10 off, or WELCOME10/FABSAVE10 may work for 10% off on Orbitz.

Additionally though, and I haven't looked at rates for this area for the time period, if you could get something comparable in the area for $40-50-60 versus $90 or so for the Ramada, you could use the savings for cab rides.

Please use the site's Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Ramada, I believe, comes up quite frequently on Hotwire, but has never been reported. A number of people have asked about a 3* in Downtown Toronto East with the following amenities: Smoke Free, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, High-speed Internet, Golf, Tennis. When I tell them that I think it's the Ramada, however, they lose interest.

I just did a search on HOTWIRE for the 19th and the above hotel is available for $72. If you can get a CDN$99 rate from the Ramada, this this probably not a big enough discount to justify taking the chance that I'm wrong (though my track record is pretty good). In fact, I'm not sure that you'd be saving enough to compensate for losing the ability to cancel or choose your room type, even if we knew for sure that this hotel is the Ramada; it would depend on how many nights you're staying.

The Ramada, I believe, comes up quite frequently on Hotwire, but has never been reported. A number of people have asked about a 3* in Downtown Toronto East with the following amenities: Smoke Free, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, High-speed Internet, Golf, Tennis. When I tell them that I think it's the Ramada, however, they lose interest.

I just did a search on HOTWIRE for the 19th and the above hotel is available for $72. If you can get a CDN$99 rate from the Ramada, this this probably not a big enough discount to justify taking the chance that I'm wrong (though my track record is pretty good). In fact, I'm not sure that you'd be saving enough to compensate for losing the ability to cancel or choose your room type, even if we knew for sure that this hotel is the Ramada; it would depend on how many nights you're staying.

I think I see that on Hotwire right now - for $83./nt. with those amenities listed.

We've had a monkey wrench thrown into our plans, as our seminar at Ramada has been cancelled. However, we're going to T.O. anyway as we'll lose our Via discount tickets, no refunds, long story.

Anyway, thinking of cancelling our Ramada Room for 3 nts (got em at 78.20/nt - thru a corp. disc. online), as we no longer need to be at that specific hotel for convenience.

There's a Downtown Toronto East on Hotwire right now - 3 1/2 stars - $69/nt. for 3/nts, or 74/nt. for 1/nt., 70% cust. review, non smoking, fitness, swimming, restaurant, businss, internet. I might be getting good at this by guessing it is the Delta Chelsea....can anyone confirm? Thanks!

There's also a Downtown Torotno East - 4 Star, $85/nt., with fitness, rest., bus., int. and a Dosntown Toronto West , 4 Star, $89/nt. fitness, swim, rest., bus., int.

Any ideas on those 2?

I love this forum! Thanks!

I also ended up rebooking the same Hotel - Delta Chelsea - downtown Toronto for 2 more nights - Feb. 20 & 21, at $68/night. I think it's Toronto's best deal for location and value. The service was great, every convenience you need. The only one complaint I should mention right now though is there is construction going on right next door, and Friday morning at 7 a.m. was very noisy - ok for early risers and business travellers I would imagine, and I will mention there was no construction going on Sat. & Sun. thankfully, so great for weekends.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]