Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown North) Sutton Place

andrew_glasgow
By andrew_glasgow,
in

Looking for a hotel in downtown Toronto for the period of 7/1 - 7/6, hotwire shows this hotel: -

4* Downtown Toronto West, $86/night, amenties are non-smoking, fitness centre, swimming pool, restaurant, high-speed internet and business centre, it's been recommended in 85% of customer reviews and has 4 out of 5 on tripadvisor and 500+ customer reviews.

My guess (and it's a hopeful guess) is the Inter-Continental hotel Yorkville, but thinking maybe could also be the Sheraton. Does anyone know for certain - ie booked this exact hotel recently - which hotel it is likely to be?

Thanks a lot

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Sorry to hear that you're disapointed in the results, but the reviews i read don't seem too bad (some were quite good in fact). Remember that many of the reviews you read are from guests who paid full price, and for what they paid, perhaps the hotel did fall below their expectations. However, at your better than half off price i suspect you may have a very different perspective and consider the hotel to be a good value for what you paid.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Let us know your thoughts after your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank theraure, I've been reading through a lot of the reviews and tried not to get to engulfed with it all, really looking forward to staying there now. One slight problem I have is that while searching for reviews I can across another website - alpharooms.com - where the property is actually CHEAPER than the price I paid overall on priceline, shows I should've done more thorough research before bidding.

Oh well, these things happen.

Thanks,

Andrew

Yes, based upon room rate only (ie- not including fees and taxes) PRICELINE will refund you the difference between the lower room rate and your bid price if you find the lower rate (and contact them) within 24 hours of your accepted PRICELINE bid.

Short details:

If, within 24 hours of making your priceline.com hotel purchase, you find a better publicly available price, excluding taxes and fees, on another Web site for the same hotel and dates, call us and we'll refund 100% of the difference.

Full details: Priceline Best Price Guarantee

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. I emailed them like 2 hours later, but they have back to me saying I had to phone, called the number and after speaking for a few minutes they hung up. I emailed back to say this and they said sorry about that but you really have to phone to speak to a customer services rep personally, I've decided to just leave it as I'm pretty sure it wasn't too cheap to phone the number in the first place, never mind :-)

Cheers

Just went through the PRICELINE link and won the Sutton Place for $78 per night. Going by reviews on tripadvisor I'm not that excited about it :-( Can anyone make me feel better about it? haha

I've stayed at the Sutton Place and enjoyed it. You will no doubt be impressed by the lobby and the common areas. It's an older hotel so it's built to impress in that way. I recall that the room I was given had a balcony which is a rarity in downtown Toronto. It's been a couple of years since I stayed there so I can't remember exact details but I'm sure you'll enjoy it there. It's located just a few blocks from the subway line which will take you to anywhere you'll want or need to go in Toronto. Plus it looks like you'll be there for Canada Day (July 1st) so I'm sure there will be some extra activities to make your stay in Toronto that much more fun. Have a great time!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]