Hotwire Hotel: help id disneyland options

angiern2004
By angiern2004,
in

All for 3/28-4/2, 2 adults 1 child, got these from hotwire

3* Anaheim Disneyland North

bed choice, smoke free, fitness center, pool(s), restaurant, laundry facilities, high speed internet access

60% recommended

$57

3.5* Anaheim Disneyland North

smoke free, pool(s), restaurant, business center, laundry facilities, high speed internet access

70% recommended

$85

3.5* Anaheim Disney South

fitness center, pool(s), restaurant, business center, laundry facilities, high speed internet access

80% recommended

$57

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Once you win a hotel you can call the hotel and request a room with two beds, but the hotel's only obligation is to offer you a room which can accomodate double occupancy... it is in their discretion, and they may be unwilling, or if they're crowded unable, to honor your request.

It's therefore a risk to use PRICELINE when you'll actually be more than double occupancy, but as this area is used to catering to families (and therefore usually have a higher precentage of rooms which can accomodate more than double occupancy), the risk in an area such as this would be less than say in a large city (such as NYC) where space it as a premium and hotels are often more accustomed to catering to a business clientele and solo travelers.

For more info on this subject see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Let us know if this is a risk you're willing to accept and, if so, your desired star rating and maximum bid, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow... if not, we'll then try to ID the hotels above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please first weigh the differences between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE and how you'd like to proceed, we'll then advise for whichever route you decide to go.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- i think you may be missing some amenities from the first hotel you have listed... i didn't go further than that one

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When i search for 2adults/1child for your dates i get the following offerings:

1) 3* Disneyland North

Smoke Free, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, Hi-Speed Internet

2) 3.5* Disneyland North

Smoke Free, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, Hi-Speed Internet

3) 3.5* Anaheim Disney South

I'm only seeing this property when searching 2adults/0children

Are we seeing differnet 3* Disneyland North properties on each of our searches? Are you including 2adults/1child on your search for the 3.5* Disneyland South property?

Nope, no business on this one the 3 star north one.

I still see 3.5 star Disney South even with 2 adults 1 child

In addition, I see:

3 star Disney South

Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, High Speed Internet, Tennis Nearby

85% recommended

$53

TODAY I SEE:

3* Disneyland North

smokefree, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, laundry, high speed internet

60% recommended

$53

3.5* Disneyland North

smokefree, pool, restaurant, business, laundry, highspeed internet

70% recommended

$86

3* Disneyland South

pool, restaurant, business, laundry, highspeed internet

$53

Any idea which hotels these are? I need to get booked today!

Bidding on PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy (1 bed.) With HOTWIRE one can search for more than 2 people, which guarantees bedding for up to 4 - but it doesn't guarantee what kind of bedding that may be - it could be 1 bed + 1 sofabed, 2 beds (although it doesn't guarantee what size those beds are) or something else.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

For those of you winning Crowne Plaza, what type of room/bed setup are you winning??? I would love to bid on a place via Priceline, but need a good chance of double queens. I hate that it only guarantees 2 adults, especially for the disney area, where many people going there are families.

I won a priceline bid for the Crowne Plaza, staying a week in Nov. 09. After I won, I waited a week and then called the hotel, requesting that I have two beds. They put me down for the beds, so my wife, daughter and I had no troubles. Also, if you request the 8th or 9th floor, you will get a free frig in the room - we were given the tip on this forum, did it, got the fridge at no cost as they are in those rooms. Good luck.

We won the Crowne Plaza for a Saturday night in May last year for $39. As soon as I won it I called ahead and requested 2 beds for our family and had no trouble getting my request. My feeling is that the hotels around Disneyland probably have a higher percentage of rooms with 2 beds because they cater more to theme park guests (i.e. families). If you are traveling at a time that is not super peak (not during spring break or summer), your likelihood of being able to get a room with 2 beds is probably pretty high.

To ensure the hotel has 2 bed availability you could first check their website (or call them direct) for the dates you are looking to travel to see if they have that type of room available. If you call you could ask them "do you have low availability on rooms with 2 beds or are there still quite a few available?" (i.e. do I need to book a 2 bed room ASAP because you are running out of them?) If they say, "no we have quite a few still available" you know you are probably safe.

Crowne Plaza shuttle was great, hotel is comfortable and if you can win it in the high $30's - $45 range, truly a bargain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]