Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown East) Westin Harbour Castle

andrew_glasgow
By andrew_glasgow,
in

I've been bidding close to the same parameters, for a different date & they don't seem to be biting quite yet. We've got lots of time, so I'm not that worried at this time. Are you trying for 4* Toronto Downtown "South" or Toronto Downtown "North"??

Yeh I don't see any point in raising my bids just now, when as you say, there's plenty of time left! I'm looking ideally for South, but ended up just trying both and still didn't get anywhere. I'll be there for a week, then moving over to vancouver for a week, then victoria for a week before coming back to Toronto for another 5 nights, so got lots of booking to do!

Thanks Aaron :-)

Andrew

andrew_glasgow

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same dates.

I'm sorry to say that a 2.5* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been reported/ID'd to the board. And without any additional clues on HOTWIRE is this a difficult guess. Maybe we have some other member on the board that can gain some info about this property. Sorry I could not be of more assistance

If you decide to book this property so please post the outcome.

Yellowdog.

I'd suggest that you keep trying the 4*'s for a while before trying the 2.5 stars

I got the Marriott Bloor Yorkville for $64.00 (Downtown Toronto North)

for the end of July, so your $fig is in the right area

You might also try dropping to a 3.5* and including Downtown Toronto North

This brings the Delta Chelsa into play

and I got that for $58.00 for Aug 11

Your 2.5* might be the Days Inn.

Could also be the Best Western Primrose or the Bond Place

Years ago, I spent a week in the Days Inn one night.

I think I could stand in the middle of the room and touch both walls.

I have not tried YOUR June dates, but I'm not having much success with June 24-26

I know the G-20 Summit is in Toronto that weekend, and it is also Gay Pride Week

(and I want to go there WHY?) :)

Could not find any major special events

so I'm not sure what could be driving up the prices

during the time for which you are searching.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the responses, and thanks for that info stw.

I'm finding it really strange now that I've bid up to $83 dollars for both Toronto Downtown South and North for 4* hotels for the dates 10th-17th June AND 1st-6th July and had no luck at all, however looking at hotwire it is actually possible to pay for a 4* hotel outright for $8 dollars less overall. I think the one on hotwire is the westin Harbour Castle, however going by what everyone has said on previous topics it seems to be the norm that you can achieve around 25% less of the Hotwire price by bidding on Priceline.

Don't see any point in bidding any higher just now so hopefully prices change over the next few days, although I don't really know when best to book, as just now its neither the end of the week, nor anywhere near payday for a lot of people.

Thanks,

Andrew

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]