Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental The Barclay

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

It's been awhile since I have looked for NYC hotels because I often make daytrips these days, but I have agreed to do so for my sister.

On hotwire, for March 27, 2010, one night, there is a 4* Downtown Soho hotel for $129 a night with the following amenities:

Boutique, Fitness, hi Speed Internet, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa. The golf really throw me.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

This property has not yet been reported to the board, i'm not sure about the Golf course nearby, although there is the new Liberty National Course in Jersey City which has a ferry to pick-up members in Manhattan, but as far as i know, it's a private course.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Does your sister want to stay Downtown or were you just intrigued by this offering?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think my sister would be happier in midtown because it is closer to Fifth Avenue shopping, the purpose for her trip. At $129 for a 4* hotel, this one intrigued me even though it is downtown.

She won't bid on something without a reasonable guess. Other 4* hotwire options I think she might like are:

4.5* in midtown east that appears to be The Benjamin for $244.

4* in midtown east that appears to be either the Grand Hyatt or InterContinental for $139

4* in Times Square-Theatre Dist, for $169, amenities are Smoke Free, Business, Restaurant, Business, High Speed Int, Spa. Not sure what this one is, maybe Westin or the W?

She did express an interest in the W. On kayak, the W is going for $359 a night so I am betting the HOTWIRE option would most likely be The Westin....

I'd favor the MTE property to be the Inter-Continental Barclay over the Grand Hyatt.

The 4* Times Square property on my search for the nite above also shows a Fitness icon.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please ask your sister to use these links as well if she is the one who will making the actual purchase)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Once again, Thereuare knows whereof he speaks.

Being careful to use the HOTWIRE link from this site my sister purchased two rooms:

$143, one night, 3/27/10-3/28/10, 4* Midtown East, The Intercontinental The Barclay.

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis

It did not denote it as a Customer Favorite.

Everyone's happy, thanks for the help!

Congratulations on your/her success!

Glad she received the hotel she was hoping for and is looking forward to her stay.

You can also pass along that this hotel is right near my often recommended breakfast recommendation, Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St). Has one of the best bagels in the city and makes for a nice, relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thanks.hotwire

Hope your sister has a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]