PHX Phoenix Standard Alamo

The Family Ghost
By The Family Ghost,
in

It was like pulling teeth this time, or at least it seemed that way. Just looking at the board I figured I could land a Standard car for around $20-$25 per day or so. There wasn't a lot of available info on PHX rentals, so I guess I had a false sense of what to expect.

I am going to be out there when all the Cactus League action fires up, so perhaps this is the main reason why things seem a bit steep in price to me for a rental.

I ended up starting low, and slowly working my way up .. it took three days before they finally decided one of my offers was acceptable.

My final rejection was at $35 + $5 bonus cash from Priceline that I had received from prior purchases. I then waited the 24 hours to bid again .. because I didn't want to settle for a Mid-Size.

In the end I payed $37 per day + a $5 bonus cash. I wasn't sure if I should put $42 or $37 in the topic description .. If I did wrong please change it for me, Mods.

Offer Price Summary

Bonus Cash Per Day: $5.00 (per day)

Your Offer Price Per Day: $37.00 (per day)

Total Offer Price with Bonus: $42.00 (per day)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Charges to Your Credit Card

Your Offer Price: $37.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 4 days(3 days and 15 1/2 hours)

Subtotal: $148.00

Taxes and Fees: $61.30

Total Charges: $209.30

Lowest Published Price: $359.81

Total Savings:* $150.51 (You saved 42%)

I'm not sure if I got all that good of deal or not.

Congratulations on your success!

While this may be more than you originally expected, the "deal" factor needs to be judged against prevailing rates for these specific dates, not vs. lower prices which may have been seen for dates other than these. Given the high demand you mention, which i assume is the results of Spring Training in the area, i'm guessing this is a pretty good deal (but admittedly didn't check conventional rates for these dates)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]