DTW Detroit Economy National

Exodus34x
By Exodus34x,
in

Keep trying. Every day or so...however often they let you rebid. I would try even lower (personally). Change the type of car....for example if everyone is trying to get the best rate and bid on an economy, sometimes they have more midsized on hand....or any number of possibilities.

Read some examples of the good deals that are possible on this forum....try bidding at different hours of the day. We got an $11 day rate on a midsized in LIH in early December when the advertized rates were similar to what you are seeing. I should qualify my remarks and say that I've only tried/won the 1 bid on priceline.

Hope it works for you.

$60 is a bit high for a rental in this area, indicating that these may be a higher than usual rental dates and getting 50% may be tough.

HOTWIRE is currently offering a refundable $118 'all-in' rate for these dates (thru Thrifty) and i would recommend booking that as a back-up, then try to beat this 'all-in' rate in the days ahead by bidding on PRICELINE.

Assuming you need a rental for this trip regardless, i would definately book something as a cancellable back-up now to protect yourself from rates moving even higher... nothing to lose and everything to gain by booking a cancellable backup.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are determined by the supplier of the service (ie- hotel, rental car company, etc) and your PRICELINE bid will be accepted whenever your bid is equal to or above the minimum threshold the supplier has set. The travel supplier changes rates all the time based upon supply/demand, so i think what you're more likely asking is if the price will drop the day before, and that is something nobody can answer since nobody knows if the rental company is more likely to get an influx of new reservations (prices may rise) or a higher than expected number of cancellations (rates will drop)

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Did you book the Thrifty deal above as a back-up?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the priced dropped and you were able to win a rental for even less than you had previously bid.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the car class you bid on and the name of the car company which accepted your winning bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]