petaling
By petaling,
in

used PRICELINE link at right upper corner

bid 5* Huangpu $55

rejected.Added Pudong 5* bid 60$

rejected

Added 4*

lowered price to $58 thinking that 4* may be Holiday Inn etc.

Got this s*itty hotel 4* want-to-be for 58+16.37 taxex and fees=74.37USD

Tripadvisor rating very low.

View of the bund would be blocked by construction pre World expo

thinking of ditching this hotel for something better ie forgoing $75 ,

what would be the best strategy to do so and use this as back-up?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the results :)

thinking of ditching this hotel for something better ie forgoing $75 ,

what would be the best strategy to do so and use this as back-up?

Would your plan be to only bid 5* in this same zone? If so, what would your maximum bid be?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you can find something that meets your needs and budget thru a non-opaque source, and it would be worth it to you to switch, then go ahead, but since this is a one nite stay i would sooner deal with it for the one nite and use the money i would spend on a replacement hotel to entertain myself outside of the hotel.

So if you think you'd be spending $85 all-in to replace this property, i would allocate that money to going out for a nice dinner, drinks at a bar afterwards, catching a movie, etc... only returning to the hotel to sleep. Then the next morning eat breakfast outside of the hotel as well. This allows you to just use the room for sleeping purposes, spend the money on enjoying yourself in the city, then check-out of the hotel early the next day.

Not sure of your needs and if the above is feasible, but that's how i would spend the money, rather than forgo the $75 reservation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]