Priceline Hotel: Help on bidding for the New Yorker

canuck29
By canuck29,
in

Could you please help me bid to get the New Yorker in MSG? The prices listed recently on winning bids for this hotel and good reviews on tripadvisor are very tempting. I'll be in New York (2nd time for me, 1st time for my husband) from Sunday, May 9 to Saturday, May 15. I've seen that this hotel has been obtained for $65 to $85. I'd like to get it for that range...of course lower would be better.

Could you please help me bid to get the New Yorker in MSG? The prices listed recently on winning bids for this hotel and good reviews on tripadvisor are very tempting. I'll be in New York (2nd time for me, 1st time for my husband) from Sunday, May 9 to Saturday, May 15. I've seen that this hotel has been obtained for $65 to $85. I'd like to get it for that range...of course lower would be better.

Start bidding at $60, I just hit the deal $72 for Feb5-Feb7. For one week, you should be able to hit a lower price.

good luck

Keep in mind that there is no way to bid for a particular hotel - if you bid for a 3* in this zone, you could also get a different 3* in the zone. Additionally, prices vary by date - a rate that may be successful for this time of year is not likely going to be enough for Spring in NYC. What would be your budget per night for hotel, and are you willing to possibly accept other properties in the zone or are you primarily interested in the New Yorker?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

But you can bid up to $75 for a four star in Midtown Manhattan, with all the zones there, then drop to $65 for a three star after a bunch of bids, that is how I got it...

That's not a very strategic way to bid. You may as well start bid for 3* because it would be extremely rare to get a 4* bid accepted for $75 (if ever in the spring).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]